Latest Results

on February 19, 2012

Thank you all for praying for me. Here’s my latest update. On Thursday Feb. 16th I had a full body bone scan and chest CT. The results came back that it looks like the cancer is already in my back bone, liver and lungs. This was devastating news to us and I honestly thought I might have a heart attack just thinking about it! Thankfully my heart settled down and I’m back on the road to full faith and belief that I will get through this. Thank you all for your prayers I do believe they helped me to get back on track quickly. I feel very healthy otherwise and am still surprised that this is going on inside my body. I am heading back to Northwestern Monday morning to have a lung biopsy and a back biopsy. They want to find out if these additional tumors in those areas are the same as the breast cancer. This will help to determine the course of treatment. It can take up to five days to get the results back so it may be awhile before I post again. Eric and I have been praying that God would reveal to us the truth about this situation and although we didn’t really want to hear this latest report we are very thankful to know more about what is going on. We are so thankful to have so many friends praying and your prayers mean the world to us right now. In fact, a wonderful friend of mine is organizing a 24 hour prayer vigil for me and my family. My husband and kids need the prayer covering as much as I do. It will begin on Monday, Feb. 27. at 7:00 am and continue until Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 7:00am. You can pray wherever you are. I definitely know your prayers are making a difference. In the book of James it says “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” I feel so incredibly blessed to have you all praying for me. Thank you again. (By the way, you can sign up to receive these posts by email from the link at the right.)

95 responses to “Latest Results

1. Greg says:

Lana, Eric and family, I am keeping you all in my prayers, for the Lord’s strength and His guidance and His peace for all of you. And Lana, I pray for the miracle of God’s healing for you. Love, Greg

• Christine Albert says:

(Sorry Greg, I didn’t know where to post. So I’m using your reply space.)Will you kindly forward it to Lana for me- Lana, The Lord wanted me to give this Psalm to you. An Exuberant Declaration of Faith
      A Psalm of David.

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
      Whom shall I fear?
      The Lord is the strength of my life;
      Of whom shall I be afraid?
      2 When the wicked came against me
      To eat up my flesh,
      My enemies and foes,
      They stumbled and fell.
      3 Though an army may encamp against me,
      My heart shall not fear;
      Though war may rise against me,
      In this I will be confident.

4 One thing I have desired of the Lord,
      That will I seek:
      That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
      All the days of my life,
      To behold the beauty of the Lord,
      And to inquire in His temple.
      5 For in the time of trouble
      He shall hide me in His pavilion;
      In the secret place of His tabernacle
      He shall hide me;
      He shall set me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
      Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
      I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
      Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
      8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
      My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
      9 Do not hide Your face from me;
      Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
      You have been my help;
      Do not leave me nor forsake me,
      O God of my salvation.
      10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
      Then the Lord will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
      And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
      12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
      For false witnesses have risen against me,
      And such as breathe out violence.
      13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
      That I would see the goodness of the Lord
      In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord;
      Be of good courage,
      And He shall strengthen your heart;
      Wait, I say, on the Lord!

• Mike says:

May God bless you and heal you.

• Paula Skaff says:

I am so sorry that you are having these health problems. I have been praying for you and will pass the word along to others who I know will pray for you also. So many people have been touched by cancer. It affects all members of a family. I know that you have a wonderful Christian family who will support you in any way they can. Love, Paula

• Mary Ellen Rich says:

I’ve added you to our prayer chain at Wyandotte County Christian Church, Kansas City, Ks. God bless you & your family. You have lots of brothers & sisters in Christ praying for you & your family. Lovingly, Mary Ellen

2. Jenny Bland says:

Lana….I am praying for you and Eric and the kids constantly. You are my hero by showing great faith and strength. God will protect you all. Love you! Jenny

3. Praying for you from California…!!! To God be all the glory!!!!

4. Georgette says:

You have someone here on Long Island, New York praying for you and for your family. God knew before you were born that this would be happening and He knows the plans that He has for you. Rest in that assurance and rest on the wings of our prayers…
    Georgette

5. will says:

Will be praying for you all

6. Mike Biehn says:

To Eric and Lana,

You have held us all up for so long now it is our turn to pray deeply for you and your family. May God bless your family during this time of healing. Please know we love you and your family and for the work you do daily in Jesus name and know I will be praying continually for Lana and your entire family.
    Blessings,
    Mike Biehn

7. Ella says:

Yes, I will be in prayer! All glory to God, to Whom all things are possible, and Whose Kingdom is for ever and ever!

8. Lynn says:

I’ve been so blessed by your Daily Thought for today. I’d consider it an honor to pray for you daily beginning now. With much love and prayer, Lynn

9. MarielenaRios says:

May the Lord lead you in your healing path.
    May He bless you and your family bring you
    together at this time of healing

10. Sue says:

I haven’t read the Sunday posts for a while but was drawn to read today’s. Now I know why. Eric has offered us all inspiration and support, now it is our time to support you now. I will add my prayers from the UK for you and your family.

11. Kathryn Costa says:

Precious Lana and family,

You have my prayers out here in Southern California. May God continue to guide you and Eric as you make decisions regarding your care and may He also provide wisdom to the doctors who will be in charge of what is to be done next. You have a beautiful family and I have always been uplifted with Eric’s ministry. You are so blessed to have the monumental support of those who support you now (those you know…and those you have never met). May these blessings uplift you and give you strength and courage in the days to come. With love, Kathryn

12. K.M.Ninan says:

Lana….I am praying for you and Eric and the children. May the Almighty God heal you completely. Everything is possible by the God. Praise the Lord for healing Lana, Amen

13. Doc says:

My Wife and I will pray both on that ‘special’ day of prayer and daily. I have cancer and I know to a small degree what you are experiencing. Hang tough… His Ways are so far above ours and we all want to know the ‘whys’ of things. God Bless you, Eric and the kids… and give those kids understanding!

14. Shirley Paul says:

Dear Lana, Eric and family
    I will stand with you in prayer. Our God IS a God of miracles. I pray that He will give you peace that passes all understanding.

15. kemi akinola says:

I can only say I thank God for your positve spirit and total faith in Him,you challenge me to trust Him more,I would definitely pray along for a miracle from ‘The Unchanging Changer’.I live in lagos,nigeria,but would try to keep to your time,God bless you and your family

16. Donna says:

Will pray for much strength and comfort! My heart is with you from New Hampsire.

17. Merle says:

I will be praying for you Lana, for God’s healing mercies. May the Lord give Eric & your children, peace & assurance that God will be always there for you. With God, everything is possible. May the Lord keep you & bless you. BTW,I’m a Filipina who works in Kenya as a volunteer for our SDA church..

18. Benjamin Kalo. London says:

TO LANA
    Your body is the temple of God. He will not stand idle to see His temple destroyed. He has instrucred His angels to mend and repair it. Just keep the faith. All shall be well.

19. For you, Lana & Eric & family – Prayers from the heart here in South Mississippi:

Romans 8

“26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose.”

Those have been my go to verses for more than 42 years. I have lived them (verse 28) many times over as I experienced perilous and terrible tragedies in my life, but found – sometimes much, much later on – that good did COME from those situations in ways I could have never foreseen. Only God can work those things out, even through grief and pain and suffering.

God be with you. Thank you for allowing us the privilege of praying for you. It is an honor.

Dee Andrews

20. Connie says:

Prayers coming from Conifer, Colorado! I will be in prayer all day the 27th -28th.

21. Brenda says:

You are my dear and special friend who I love very much. You are an inspiration to me. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Eric and the kids. May God bless you with His peace and embrace your household with His love. You are to call me for anything – I will help in any way I can.

22. Gale says:

When my husband of 37 years decided he wanted someone new in his life – I had to remind myself that God IS in Control … a year later God IS still in Control … through it all and in it all God IS in Control … no matter the path, no matter the pain, HE is our HOPE because HE IS IN CONTROL. I will be praying. Watch for the little signs – they are everywhere – God IS in control of this TOO! With Love and Prayers, Gale

23. Tom Krieger says:

Helen and I are praying for your complete healing Lana. “Be strong in the power of His might …”

24. Simply stopping in to give you a {HUG}. We will join the others in praying for you 27-28,

25. Simon Backhouse says:

Lana
    Just to to you know that I will be praying for you on that special day and at other times too.
    Thank’s to you and Eric for your thoughts from the ranch with love Simon in Nottingham England

26. Jamie Sutter says:

I have no doubt that my faith in God will grow as I pray for you and your family. xoxo
    -Jamie Sutter

27. Tom Bennett says:

We have enjoyed and shared your daily message. God’s blessings on everyone in the family. From Phoenix

28. Laurelle Allen says:

Hi Lana:

I am believing with you. God told me that this would be a year of miracles and we would see the hand of God. God’s word never returns void. I am praying for full healing for you. And that God will be glorified through your healing. I will also pray that God’s favor will be on your whole family.

Laurelle

29. Ed Nolan says:

Dear Lana…I have been told four times that I have cancer, the first time in 2002. It never gets any easier to hear those words. My wife and I sat down 2 years ago after hearing those words for the third time and wrote out some things that we believe to hang on the refrigerator door as reminders:
    1. God is still in charge and we are not.
    2. God is a good God and everything He does is good.
    3. God’s love for us is greater than anything that happens to us.
    4. We may not understand what God is doing in us and through us, but we are not capable of seeing the big picture that God sees. He has our permission to use us.
    5. That everything is happening on His time schedule and not ours.
    6. That we agree with Job, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.”
    7. That God has my permission to do anything He chooses with me and to me at any time He chooses.
    8. That the most important event in our lives had nothing to do with cancer, but was the forgiveness of our sins and the knowledge that our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

I have had ports installed and removed, had surgeries to remove cancerous lesions, received gallons of chemo, endured hours of CT scans, bone scans, and other types of prodding and probing and biopsies. Two of my favorite verses during these trials have been “Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His Holy Name.” And also Prov. 3.5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” We’ll add you to our prayer list, and your family as well.

May the mercy and the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ flood your soul and body.

Ed Nolan

30. Diane Waters says:

I will pray for you daily. I believe in miracles. Have faith and beleif..
    Diane

31. a friend you haven't yet met, but who truly is... says:

Dear Lana… a special prayer for you from a Canadian friend… your words, “I have the best of everything,” were so deep when I thought about them, and they meant a great deal to me as wonderful aids far beyond my intellect in my attempts to help friends through bad times when they question me about my faith…
    May our God bless you, Greg and your family…
    With sincerest love and hope in our Lord… “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
    Jim

32. Carol and Mike says:

God bless you Lana, we will be praying for you.

33. Eugene says:

Behold God is the God of all flesh, nothing is hard for Him. He works in ways we can’t see , remain in prayer and expect Him to heal. Eugene, Ghana.

34. Jim Kelly says:

Lana the Lord has blessed you so much with this beautiful family, and now, Father we asked that You heal this daughter of Yours. We ask for Your comfort and peace for this family in their time of trials. We pray for Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, and to keep using this family to share the Good News. Thank you Lord for hearing our petitions and request.

35. dyna says:

Dear Lana and family,

Reading your prayers everyday has kept me going throughout the years and today i wish to return the favor by letting you know that i will be praying for you and your family in this difficult moments.May the Lord keep you and your family safe and may you get the strength and courage to keep going .As for me, i will carry you in my heart wherever i will be and pray for you.Stay blessed.

Dyna (Ottawa-Canada)

36. Danese says:

Dearest Lana,

When I saw the title of Eric’s post today and began reading, my heart broke for you and your family. I am truly at a loss for words but what came to mind was a part of my favorite Psalm:
    “Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil.”
    Praying for your healing, your comfort, and your peace.
    Love you,
    Danese xoxo

37. Debbie (friends in Le Roy) says:

Oh, dear Lana! What a surprise. Our family will be joining you in prayer now and on in fasting next Monday. My love extends to you and Eric and your children right now. May His glory be found in and through all of this. May you all feel the magnificent lift of His powerful presence with you.

38. Ann Marie Diaz says:

Lana, I subscribe to This Day’s Thought and I read about your story and saw the picture of you and your family. You have a beautiful family and I will definitely pray for you. God bless you and your family and give you all strength to fight this battle and WIN!!!

39. Pauline says:

One of the things that I have one of the songs that I sing when I am going though is It is Well”. That song reminds me of the sovereignty of God and that my heart and soul must still lean towards my faith even when things around me have gone array. This is my prayer for you, that God will have mercy and bestow healing upon you, and that His peace that surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind that your spirit and faith will remain strong. Be blessed and I am praying for you.

40. Sharon Herrington says:

Lana, I am praying for you and will be praying for you. I, too, have had breast cancer. Mine was detected in the 2nd stage and by the time I had surgery- it had gone into a lymph node. I am nearing the 5 year mark of being cancer free. I, so want you to be cancer free. God loves you soooo much! “You are loved with an everlasting love” – that’s what the Bible says!!! Praying for you on the day and the many days afterward. In His Love, Sharon Herrington

41. Cari Arias says:

Lana, I receive This Day’s Thought and am blessed to be able to pray for you and your family as an “unknown” sister in Christ! I believe in the power of prayer and the power of HOPE in our Savior! “May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you TRUST in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the POWER of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

42. Sherry Baker says:

Lana and family,

I’ll be praying for you tomorrow during your time at Northwestern, and during the vigil 2-27/28. And when ever I think of you and your family!!

43. Sudheer says:

I will be praying for you here from INDIA. As I read newsletter from ERIC, experienced a strong feeling of oneness with GOD’s Family in which we are all members. Gods anointing is with your family. I will join you in prayers for you to be healed and to Praise GOD for his wonderful works.

44. Gertrude Tamade says:

Prayers for healing to you Lana. He is Jehova Rafar, the One who heals. He is Emmanuel, He is with you every second. Hold on, prayers from Papua New Guinea. Peace, healing and grace to you.

45. Beena Abraham says:

Dear Lana ,Eric and family,

Nothing is going to happen to you that Lord Jesus , Our Saviour can’t handle. We are praying for you and your family for the special anointing . With lord Jesus on your side , nothing can hold you back! These obstacles are to make you more stronger in HIm. We are praying for you from Dubau,UAE.

46. Jennifer says:

Lana and Eric and family,

We are praying for you all. We love you guys! – Rondel and Jennifer

47. Gary Marini says:

Dear Lana and Eric, Gary and I are praying for you and your entire family. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you have your procedure in Chicago. You are truly an inspiration to us. We love you both as well as your children. If there is anyway we can help please let us know. We will join in the prayer and fasting for your healing on Feb. 27th. This is such a big obstacle in your lives, but we know our God is greater and has the healing power. May you have peace and comfort through this journey. We will keep you close in our hearts. Love to you, Sandy and Gary Marini

48. Veronica Yuen says:

Dear Lana, Eric & family

I am a subscriber of This Day’s Thought since last year and I always look forward to Elder Eric’s weekend Sermon. As I read of your sickness and saw your beautiful family photograph, I shall pray daily to the Lord, for His healing hand and miracles upon you. Shall also pray for you & your family to have His strength and peace dwell within all of you.

Veronica
    Singapore

49. Faith says:

Hey Lana, am xo touched by wat ur going through but am hapi dat u trust God, I promise to join u in prayers and I believe our good lord will give u strength , u shouldn’t worry ma dear sister God is wid u . B blessed.

50. James Baker says:

Lana, I received the knowledge of your condition through an E-mail that was foreworded to me by a friend. I want you to know that I will be praying for you and your family everyday. It takes a lot of faith and strength to be handling this as well as you and your husband both seem to be. God be with you.

51. Shirley Paul says:

…therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your fathfulness. Lamentations 3: 22, 23

Dear Lana
    Woke up in the UK this morning and am lifting you up to our awesome God.
    With love in Jesus.

52. Liezl says:

Good morning, my Monday morning started with a car battery that was flat. To me it was ‘n big thing….but this is nothing to what you are going through. Thank you, Eric,for your Inspiration every day through This day’s thought. I will keep you, Lana, in my prayers and know that our Father will be with you every step of the way. His name will be exalted. He already touched your body! From South Africa, Cape Town

• Anita says:

Dear Lord, I pray for Lana. Your word has said healing is the bread of the children. I pray that Lana receives her portion of the bread today in Jesus Name, Amen. From Ghana, West Africa.

53. Pamela says:

All things are possible through Christ – may He give you strength and courage to walk this path in the days to come until you are HEALED – I will be joining you in Fasting and Prayer 27th – 28th Feb.

Blessings

Pamela
    Doha, Qatar

54. Claire says:

Lana, Eric and family , you are and will continue to be in my prayers. Psalm 61 came to my mind along with the words that God IS your refuge and your strength, your firm foundation, your solid rock, your safe haven at all times. I pray that you and your family will feel His closeness and protection over you.
    From across the Atlantic, in North coast of Ireland

55. Kim says:

Dear Lana
    I have faith that your prayers will be answered. The good Lord has preformed a miracle
    in my life when he gave me back my son after a tragic car accident. I was told that he should have died. I believe in the power of prayer.
    I will prayer for you and your family for strength and guidance through this. May the good Lord bless you and your family.

God Bless
    Kim
    South Africa

56. Lisa Hall says:

Hi Lana

My name is Lisa and I’m from Australia. I’ve been blessed by receiving your husband’s Thought for the Day and weekly sermon. I’ll be praying that whatever God does, many many people may see his glory in your life and may be drawn to Him through you and your family. May you know His peace, power, love and joy as you journey with Him through this experience.

57. Pam arias says:

Praying for the peace that passes all understanding

58. Joyline says:

the Lord is faithful Lana, take heart and trust that he is in control, he is a merciful God, he neither sleeps nor slumbers, his hand is not too short to touch you and heal you, nothing is impossible with God, my prayer is the Lord visits you divinely and that you may be a living testimony to many, be healed in the name of Jesus Christ, you have spread the word of God to many and the lord has not brought you this far to forsake you. Lets every cancerous cell in your body die and nver grow again, in Jesus Christ;s name!

Praying for you,

from Zimbabwe

59. Hubert and Kaushal Thomas says:

Dear Lana, Eric and family, I mentioned about your prayer request to my wife and she said why not take a printout of your story and take it to our healing service on Wednesday called “WOW” Wonders On Wednesdays held at the church we attend. We live in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka and thats what we will do this Wednesday. I hope to keep your request on the Altar and pray that the Anointing of God will touch you as we pray. Be sure a pastor and others will also pray for you and your family. God is good and I have learnt that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH HIM.
    In the meantime I pray for strength, His peace and that God will give you the faith to trust Him no matter what. To Him alone be all glory.

60. Esther Nguyo says:

I have been tremendously blessed by Eric’s Messages for the last 3years. I will keep you in my prayers for our God to send His healing and to envelop you with His Love during this difficult time.
    Esther, Nairobi Kenya

61. temi says:

Lana I pray that the Lord God will heal you of every infirmity in you body and his name alone will be glorified in the situation. Through these men will see the awesome healing power of the most high and turn to him. By his stripes you are made whole and I pray the hands of the Lord will be upon your family. It is well with u Lana.

62. Rona Ambata says:

Hi Lana! I am from Manila, Philippines. I’ve been a follower of This Days Thoughts for years and I am deeply saddened by the news about your health problems. We have several cases of breast cancer and alike, hope you will research about barley grass. We are in Sante Pure Barley from New Zealand (where barley grass is the best). I don’t mean business, I just want to share with you about barley, hoping and praying it will be used by God to heal you, to repair your damaged cells. Please research for Dr. Lorraine Day, she herself was cured from her breast cancer. Hope i can help.

63. Carey Holliday says:

Thank you for finding a way to bring Christ into my heart every day.
    I had cancer of the esophagus 10 years ago. It is a miracle I am still here. A co-worker asked me what I learned from that experience? I replied, “I learned that if suffering brings you closer to God, it is not suffering at all, but a great blessing.” Anything that brings you closer to him is wonderful. This was the triumph of Christ over death and suffering.

Two worlds… One God.

Carey R. Holliday

64. Sheri Foor says:

Lifting you to the Father. May you feel His peace, healing touch, power and grace today and always. I will be keeping you and your family in prayer.

65. Melissa.Johnson says:

Lana – I follow “This Day’s Thought” by email each day and Greg posted about your illness. As a mother and a wife, my heart aches for you but as a child of GOD, I am excited to watch him work in your life and body! We serve an awesome GOD who is a healer. My family and I will pray for you and your family daily!! I will start following your blog and look forward to hearing how miracles were performed.

66. Nichole Squires says:

Lana, your husband’s weekly words of encouragement has been a blessing to me. As he requested, I am praying for complete healing for you. Prayer is powerful! Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
    God bless you and your family

67. Ricky (New Life Filipino-Australian Community Church ) Perth Western Australia says:

Hi LAna,
    we will join you in prayer on the 27th-28

68. Fannie says:

My prayers are with you and your family. What a blessing to have such a close relationship with God that you trust him so implicitly. Sometimes I have prayed to be taken from this life because so many things have gone wrong. My husband was diagnosed with MS in 2007, the same year my sister became a complete quadriplegic in the same accident that killed a first cousin. This while my husband and I finished building our new home. Now we have to try and make changes to our home to accommodate two handicapped people. Watching them suffer is so unbearable. Unfortunately I feel my relationship with God is also suffering. I know many people are in worse shape than we are but a reprieve would be greatly appreciated. I pray for you and your families continued strength and faith. May God continue to bless and prepare you for His glory.

69. Beloved in christ,
    I’ve been blessed on countless occasion by your ministry! You’re not in this alone. I’m also praying with you.

I know the good will of our God will keep and save you from this cancer no matter it’s degree!
    It is well!

70. Cindy says:

“Our God is greater, Our God is stronger…” we are praying for His perfect peace to surround you and your precious family.

71. Mary says:

Believing with you Lana!
    I love you.
    Mary

72. Ester R. Andres says:

Dear LANA, ERIC AND CHILDREN,
    I come from Bulacan, Philippines and has been inspired and blessed with your weekly words of encouragement. Our LORD is a great Healer and I know HE WILL DO A GREAT MIRACLE IN YOUR LIFE AS WELL AS TO YOUR BODY, proving once again that to HIM, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! i HAVE JUST PRAYED FOR YOU RIGHT NOW AND WILL BE PRAYING CONTINUOUSLY FOR YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY, EVEN AFTER FEB. 28. OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!

73. Jenae Smith says:

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Lana.
    God bless you and your family,
    Jenae Smith
    Rock Hill, SC

Dearest Lana, you are a true believer and your strength comes from our loving and almighty God. You attitude towards your cancer and life is an amazing example for all those with problems. I will continue to pray for you, Eric, and your family, that the outcome of your illness will be favorable, in Jesus’ name. God Bless You All!
    Judi–NJ

75. Ethel Lind says:

Peace Lana! I will pray for you and your famili. We have wonderful God and see you and it is no secret that God hear our prayers.God bless you and you”ll see that God be near you every day because he loves you! Many Hugs Ethel

Lena, this to let you know that you are in my prayers and I am fully convinced that God answers prayers. And we all stand in gap for you and your family God’s will locate us all and answer our petitions on your behalf. We pray that His healing balm may flow from His side to all the cells inside your body and bring about a about a divine healing in Jesus’ name. Amen.
    Agape.

77. Carolyn Ross says:

Lana, Your courage and faith is such a mighty testimony to Our Lord!! He Is our God who can do what seems impossible to us! Rest in His arms of grace and love. I’m watching for His Hand to do marvelous things!!!!
    I have been keeping you in my prayers and will continue.
    Much love,
    Carolyn

78. Debbie Carter says:

I am praying for Gods strenghth for you and your family. It’s amazing to me with everything that is going on in your life right now I find encouragement in your blog for myself. You truly are an amazing person and God has big plans for you:-)

79. Kim Hahn says:

Dear Sister in Christ,
    I just learned of your situation through the Thought for The Day ministry and I want to send you my heartfelt love and support. I will join many who are praying for you! I agree with you in that I know nothing is beyond God’s ability to care for. I’m a Seventh-day Adventist Christian and a favorite author of mine, Ellen White, has written a statement that I often find very comforting when I do not understand what is going on around me. I’d like to share it with you. It is from the book entitled “The Desire of Ages” and it’s on the life of Christ. Here’s the passage I thought you might like:

“God never leads His children otherwise than they would choose to be led, if they could see the end from the beginning and discern the glory of the purpose which they are fulfilling as co-workers with Him.” D.O. A. pp 224, 225

May your heart and mind rest in the peace that only He can give, knowing that He loves you more than you can even imagine.

Thoughts and Prayers,
    Kim Hahn

Homeward_bound_girl@yahoo.com

80. Kate says:

It’s ok not to be brave all the time Gideon hid because he was scared an angel still sought him out. I’m praying

81. Peggy says:

Lana, I don’t know you, but after reading your blog, I feel like I do! May God bless you and your beautiful family in the days to come….I will be praying next Monday, day and night~God is so good and like you said, you are in a win-win situation~We will be praying that you will stay here on Earth to raise your children and be with Eric for a long time!! (Heaven can wait, hopefully!) Stay strong and fight with all of your might!

82. Ibukun says:

“In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul.” May the Lord’s comfort delight your soul on every single day of this trial! I pray that the Lord God will give you unexpected strength and patience and faith to endure. His thoughts toward you are thoughts of good only!! May He continue to be glorified in you all. My love to you and your family 🙂

83. Dear Lana and Eric,
    Three years ago my wife came across the breast cancer. A question came to my mind that time ‘Why me?’. We both love each other. We wept together thinking that every thing was finished. I had fear of loosing my wife. But our Lord speaks and gives comfort to us. He answered my question.

In John 9, Jesus saw a blind man and his disciples asked him that whose sin made him. The answer Jesus gave is the one for my question.
    Jesus answered, “Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him”.

Again in John 11, when Jesus heard of Lazarus’ sickness, he said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby”.
    For the second time Lord assured us.

We were ignorant about this decease, we knew no doctor, where to go and what to do. But the Lord took us in his hands and led us to one of the best surgeon and the hospital. Eventually my wife had undergone the treatment i.e surgery, chemo and finally radiation. She is absolutely fine and joined her teaching profession and doing well. We believe that the chapter is closed now.

My dear brother and sister, I know Lord will surely help you as you both are very strong in the faith.

After all,
    For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5

May the God of all good things help you, guide you, give you comfort and let his glory be manifested in you.

– Vinay Rananaware
    Ahmednagar,
    India

84. Josephine Ng says:

Hello from Singapore. Jesus never forsake or leave anyone who accepted Him as Savior and Lord. My pain cannot be compared to Lana’s. I suffer from chronic migraine and fibromyalgia for 40 years. I could only understand that God always has a plan for each under His care. God’s plan widely includes family and friends, and people who read about your ministry of writing. I have been writing and re-writing my book chronicling about how Jesus is and always is my Caregiver forever. My prayers are with you.

I am a 55-year old teacher of Greek and Hebrew who stop teaching since 2004. May God richly pour His Grace to you everyday. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Josephine

85. Your cousin Mary says:

Lana – I’m praying for you, Eric and your beautiful family. My God give all of you the strength and wisdom to understand his will for you.

• Ethel Lind says:

Our God is my God and i know he listen to my prayer for you and your very beautiful Famili.You are always in my mind1 God Blessall of you! Peace Ethel

86. Dan says:

Dear Lana & Eric, when we read the first paragraph of Eric’s update we were really heart broken, but we did what we have been doing and will continue to do-pray for Lana situation and the family. At the end of the prayer, we felt peace. Then we read the rest of Eric’s letter and were encouraged by God’s passionate love for His children, His power to heal them, and His purposes in letting His will be done. We feel peaceful that God, Jehovah Rophe, Jehovah Raa is and will be with you. We love you both, and we’ll walk and call out to God for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do or help.

Dan & Emily

87. mmatiyenga@gmail.com says:

Our God is a God of miracles in our every day lives. If He is for us who can be against us? I am declaring in Jesus’ name that by His stripes you are healed, even though the doctors are still doing different tests on you, you are healed. May the peace of the Lord which surpasses all understanding be with you and your family always.

Memory from
    Zimbabwe

88. Sylvia Banda says:

Dear Lana & Eric,

I’m so sorry to hear this news however I’m also strengthened by your perspective through this trying time. I will certainly join the prayer vigil on Monday. I believe God has revealed to me my answer to what I needed to dedicate to Him during this Lent season. It is to pray for you and all His loved ones that need healing from now till His resurrection on Easter. God bless u friends in Christ. Sylvia