The Twilight Zone

on February 20, 2012

Thanks so much for everyone’s prayers.  Eric and my family and I feel so loved and cared for.  Your prayers have helped more than you know.  I was supposed to have two procedures today, the first was going to be a biopsy of a tumor in my lung, but they decided to postpone that one till after my trip to Bethel College in California this week. My daughter Makari and I will be visiting a friend of ours and receiving some special prayers for healing as well as checking out the school for Makari for next year. This school emphasizes the ministry of healing and so we are looking forward to them praying for us on the 27th which is the day our friends have organized a day of prayer and fasting for us. We had planned this trip several weeks ago, and my doctor said it was fine for us to still go.  So, this morning when I asked the biopsy doctor when I could resume normal activities I was surprised to hear him say, “The only thing you can’t do is fly for two weeks.” (Because there is a chance my lungs might have collapsed during the flight.) Good thing to know!!! So thank you for praying and for (I believe)  prompting me to ask that question. They went ahead and did the bone biopsy today and we’ll have the results later in the week.  They want to be sure the bone cancer is related to the breast cancer, and not another kind. They gave me a “twilight sedative,” which kept me partially awake.  I felt a bit like everything going on was a little surreal, just like this whole experience!  I’m having some back pain tonight, but that’s to be expected after this procedure. And I actually can’t imagine having pain in my lungs at the same time as the pain in my back so I’m so thankful I only had one procedure done today! A friend gave us this verse yesterday that has helped.  It’s from Psalm 112:7-8:

“The righteous will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.  Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.” While we know we’re not righteous, through Christ’s forgiveness we’ve been made righteous.  So we’re trying not to fear, and praying that God will triumph in the end.  We can see how He is triumphing already in this situation through all of your prayers and stories and notes of encouragement.  So thank you again.  We love you.

34 responses to “The Twilight Zone

1. Savita says:

Lana….I have you in my prayers today and always! God Bless you and your family!

2. Lawrence De Costa says:

Hello Lana,

I do not know you, I just receive this daily email from Eric. Whilst I feel a little unworthy saying it, I will include you in our family prayers and leave the rest to God. I am sure one day, we will al have to face something similar. Take care…

3. paulhyoung1954@googlemail.com says:

I shall pray for you. Your blog has given me encouragement to trust and not worry about my situation Thankyou

4. kiplagat says:

just like David said those who trust in the lord are like mount zion, whatever the doctors have seen in your body should not shake you because your trust in the lord is always before you, so trust him even more at this time and he will lift you up and heal you .We are with you in prayer from so many miles away in Kenya Africa.
    KIPLAGAT

5. Kaye Boakes says:

Dear Lana, Just to say my thoughts and prayers are with you (from England, UK!) Psalm 91 is a wonderfully encouraging chapter to meditate upon – I’ve picked out a few verses but it’s well worth a read. “For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease” (taken from New Living Translation) “If you make the Most High your dwelling – even the Lord, who is my refuge – then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways….” (NIV translation) and it ends with “He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation (NIV translation).

6. Esther says:

God cares for His own.
    I’m from Kenya, i have several times visited your encouraging messages (rather Erics). Let us play, God your promises are true and Amen, We know Jesus never changes He was and is today. You healed and do heal today. Some sickness comes that your name may be glorified. Today king of glory let this sickness be for your glory. The need of the hour is for you oh God to touch our sister and make her whole once again. Her testimony oh God will heal many other who do not believe. We name this cancer with a new name “message of your healing power”. Thank you King of glory, come and act now for we need you more than even before. In Jesus Name.
    Esther Nderitu
    Kenya

7. Dasheni Emmanuel says:

Glorious Lana,i am from South Africa and i get the Daily thoughts, it has helped my walk with God and encouraged me daily.

i am praying for you, and i know the God we serve will have his perfect will! my prayers and desire for you is to be completely healed, so you can worship Jesus with your beautiful family.

i know this will increase others faith and show them the God we serve.

i am standing in the gap for you, i dont know you, but i feel God drawing me closer to you and causing me to pray for you feverently.

with much love
    Dash Emmanuel

8. judy loh says:

My heart praises the Lord for the strength and confidence you have in Him. He alone knows how we feel and sees ahead of us. I know He will accomplish big things through you, Eric and your family.

As I write this, I am still trying to reach out to my unsaved girlfriend, who is in stage 3. She’s been polite and letting me pray for her, but told me she had seen miracles through her buddhist faith as well. Oh, if only she can see the lies of the devil. But my hope is still in the Lord, and I will not fear the competition from the devil.

I pray that the Lord would grant you extra portions of His grace to go through any procedures, and to cradle you in His comfort and peace. May Eric and your children be strengthened in their faith as they see how God unfolds His plan using you as His instrument.

May you all be blessed.
    judy loh
    singapore

9. judy loh says:

Jeremiah 29:11
    “For I have plans for you,” saith the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.”

10. Kaye Boakes says:

P.S. You may have already heard of this lady but what an amazing testimony she has for Jesus! http://www.emilydotson.com/

11. Savita says:

Dear Lana, I am from India. This morning I wrote in my diary ” I feel a deep pain inside”. Your testimony reminds me this day ,God is good all the time. May the Lord surround you and your family with His Grace and Favor. He indeed loves you. Not met you but you sure have a beautiful heart. Thank you for sharing your journey.

12. Ama says:

Romans 8 v 28 ‘And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose’.

13. Sarah says:

God bless you. My heart is with you and your family

14. Juanita says:

I pray for a complete healing for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

15. MONICAH--- FROM SOUTH AFRICA says:

As Daniel was thrown in the lions den, and as Shedrack, Meshack and Abenego were thrown in the fire and as the diciples faced the storms, there was only one thought that was encouraging.GOD WAS WITH THEM.We know that THE SAME GOD is with you and the family in this difficult situation.
    The storm as in the case of the disciples was so intense that the waves were not only breaking over the boat, but the boat was filling with water and on the verge of sinking. Jesus, asleep in the stern of the boat, was resting soundly when the disciples roused him with their fearful, first question: “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” Jesus doesn’t answer their question, but instead answers the wind and the waves, “Peace, be still.” His exhortation to the natural elements of wind and water was nevertheless intended for the disciples as well, for he returns their question with a second question: “Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?” To which the disciples reply to one another with the ultimate question, “Who then is this, that even wind and sea obey him?”
    JESUS LORDS OVER ALL OF THEM!

16. MONICAH--- FROM SOUTH AFRICA--So also this Lana says:

It is not difficult to surmise that the presence of Jesus in the boat would preclude any kind of suffering or disaster. But suffering does come, and the wind roars and the sky turns black, and the storm of all storms appears to envelop the disciples in darkness and terror. And this is the human experience in suffering. We are afraid, we feel alone and we wonder if anyone cares that we are drowning. For people of faith, Jesus, don’t you care that we are perishing, becomes an incredulous statement because of the assumption that as Christians we should be immune from the troubles of life. But Jesus’s answer reminds us that faith does not insulate us from life’s storms. Indeed, as Craig Barnes has written “Faith…has little to do with our doctrines or even with our belief that Jesus could come up with a miracle if he would only pay attention. Faith has everything to do with seeing that we have the Savior on board.”(2)

17. Jayne says:

Faith, prayer, trust, knowing. With God, all things are possible. Be well, my friend.

18. Charlene says:

Hi Lana 🙂 I use to go to your church in Streator and barely knew you. I met your husband Eric briefly at an encounter at my house with the Elders of the church. I am praying for you and will continue to do so. You have encouraged me greatly by your faith and your love and dedication to the Lord…..Here is a devotion from one of my favorites from “Jesus Lives” by Sarah Young.

Do not be overly concerned about your feelings during emergencies. The most importand thing is that you turn to Me, trusting that I am indeed with you. When you cannot sense My Presence, it is enough to know that I love you with compassionate, unfailing Love. If your heart is sinking under waves of panic, don’t focus on those feelings. Instead, look up to Me! As your soul clings to Me, My right hand will uphold you- keeping you safe in turbulent waters.
    ….. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. PSALM 63:8
    ….. Though he brings, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. LAMENTATIONS 3:32

19. Eddie says:

Dear Lana, you will know that God is with you and that He will remain with you throughout your ordeal. Trust in Him – He knows best. He knows your hopes and your fears and will guide you through this, giving you the strength, courage and faith you require. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just wanted to let you know how much we are praying for you. Your faith is an inspiration to our whole family.

21. Joan Moody says:

Sweet, dear, fun Lana! I have been interceding for you since I heard the report and have read the updates. I am so sorry for this news. May His Grace continue to be very real in your midst. Folks that love you and want to know your needs (other than prayer)have been calling us. Thank you for allowing us to walk with you. Please let your needs be known. If needed we will drive to you or if you come here. Our door is open. You know that already. Big Texas Hugs to each of you with Amy kisses. You are all deeply loved, Joan

22. Karen Neal says:

Thank you for keeping us posted as you walk through this. I will continue to pray on your behalf. You are loved so much!!! and it’s amazing to see all the people who are coming together all over the world and praying for you and your family. God is at work. He is faithful.
    Love you
    Karen

23. Mala Selliah says:

Lana

My family and I will continue to pray for you and your beautiful family. God Bless you.
    Love and prayers
    Mala.

24. Mariejeane Kawini says:

Healing belongs to you. It is Gods will that we be in good health. I pray that Gods healing power will work through you and consume every sickness from your system.

But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities;
    the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

Marie, Nairobi Kenya

25. Henry says:

I bet You or your husband has never been to Uganda. Yet you have.
    This days thought has been the highlight of my inbox since 2007. I feel like i know you, the picture is more complete with the family photo.

Am surely praying for you.

26. Brenda Williams says:

Mrs. Lana, Thank you for the encouragement to keep on fighting. I know this makes no sense to you but God is using you to touch others lives and you just touched mines and my sister that’s been in the hospital for the last 55 day…..I will be praying daily for you and your family and praying and fasting on the day you have set aside. We serve a God bigger than any obstacles we will have to face.

Lana, You are an inspiration to me and all those I tell about you and your illness. You have so many prayers coming your way. I am so sorry you have pain…but pain in my past, has made me stronger. God, indeed, is GREAT!

28. Lana
    Carlos and I prayed yesterday at dinner for you, as I did the night before when Julie G sent me a link to the ranch…not sure how we got off the mailling list for the ranch….that was unintentional! I somehow feel like you need $150….what would that be for? Send me your address.
    I will be praying every day and esp on Feb 27th for your complete restoration and healing.
    I love you my sweet sister!
    Sandra Organ Solis

29. mahima says:

I got this information in my FB. I am not too sure about this..but thought to share it to you,please research on this. Hope this helps you.
    May God Bless you.

Akshata Nayak’s photos
    ‎”10000 times stronger killer of CANCER than Chemo”.. do share it.. can save man…y lives, fill up hopes and build confidence in the patients…

The Sour Sop or the fruit from the graviola tree is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than Chemo.

Why are we not aware of this? Its because some big corporation want to make back their money spent on years of research by trying to make a synthetic version of it for sale.

So, since you know it now you can help a friend in need by letting him know or just drink some sour sop juice yourself as prevention from time to time. The taste is not bad after all. It’s completely natural and definitely has no side effects. If you have the space, plant one in your garden.
    The other parts of the tree are also useful.

The next time you have a fruit juice, ask for a sour sop.

How many people died in vain while this billion-dollar drug maker concealed the secret of the miraculous Graviola tree?

This tree is low and is called graviola ! in Brazi l, guanabana in Spanish and has the uninspiring name “soursop” in English. The fruit is very large and the subacid sweet white pulp is eaten out of hand or, more commonly, used to make fruit drinks, sherbets and such.

The principal interest in this plant is because of its strong anti-cancer effects. Although it is effective for a number of medical conditions, it is its anti tumor effect that is of most interest. This plant is a proven cancer remedy for cancers of all types.

Besides being a cancer remedy, graviola is a broad spectrum antimicrobial agent for both bacterial and fungal infections, is effective against internal parasites and worms, lowers high blood pressure and is used for depression, stress and nervous disorders.

If there ever was a single example that makes it dramatically clear why the existence of Health Sciences Institute is so vital to Americans like you, it’s the incredible story behind the Graviola tree..

The truth is stunningly simple: Deep within the Amazon Rainforest grows a tree that could literally revolutionize what you, your doctor, and the rest of the world thinks about cancer treatment and chances of survival. The future has never looked more promising.

Research shows that with extracts from this miraculous tree it now may be possible to:
    * Attack cancer safely and effectively with an all-natural therapy that does not cause extreme nausea, weight loss and hair loss
    * Protect your immune system and avoid deadly infections
    * Feel stronger and healthier throughout the course of the treatment
    * Boost your energy and improve your outlook on life

The source of this information is just as stunning: It comes from one of America ‘s largest drug manufacturers, th! e fruit of over 20 laboratory tests conducted since the 1970′s! What those tests revealed was nothing short of mind numbing… Extracts from the tree were shown to:

* Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer..
    * The tree compounds proved to be up to 10,000 times stronger in slowing the growth of cancer cells than Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic drug!
    * What’s more, unlike chemotherapy, the compound extracted from the Graviola tree selectivelyhunts
    down and kills only cancer cells.. It does not harm healthy cells!

The amazing anti-cancer properties of the Graviola tree have been extensively researched–so why haven’t you heard anything about it? If Graviola extract is

One of America ‘s biggest billion-dollar drug makers began a search for a cancer cure and their research centered on Graviola, a legendary healing tree from the Amazon Rainforest.

Various parts of the Graviola tree–including the bark, leaves, roots, fruit and fruit-seeds–have been used for centuries by medicine men and native Indi! ans in S outh America to treat heart disease, asthma, liver problems and arthritis. Going on very little documented scientific evidence, the company poured money and resources into testing the tree’s anti-cancerous properties–and were shocked by the results. Graviola proved itself to be a cancer-killing dynamo.
    But that’s where the Graviola story nearly ended.

The company had one huge problem with the Graviola tree–it’s completely natural, and so, under federal law, not patentable. There’s no way to make serious profits from it.

It turns out the drug company invested nearly seven years trying to synthesize two of the Graviola tree’s most powerful anti-cancer ingredients. If they could isolate and produce man-made clones of what makes the Graviola so potent, they’d be able to patent it and make their money back. Alas, they hit a brick wall. The original simply could not be replicated. There was no way the company could protect its profits–or even make back the millions it poured into research.

As the dream of huge profits evaporated, their testing on Graviola came to a screeching halt. Even worse, the company shelved the entire project and chose not to publish the findings of its research!

Luckily, however, there was one scientist from the Graviola research team whose conscience wouldn’t let him see such atrocity committed. Risking his career, he contacted a company that’s dedicated to harvesting medical plants from the Amazon Rainforest and blew the whistle.

Miracle unleashed
    When researchers at the Health Sciences Institute were alerted to the news of Graviola,! they be gan tracking the research done on the cancer-killing tree. Evidence of the astounding effectiveness of Graviola–and its shocking cover-up–came in fast and furious….

….The National Cancer Institute performed the first scientific research in 1976. The results showed that Graviola’s “leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells.” Inexplicably, the results were published in an internal report and never released to the public…

….Since 1976, Graviola has proven to be an immensely potent cancer killer in 20 independent laboratory tests, yet no double-blind clinical trials–the typical benchmark mainstream doctors and journals use to judge a treatment’s value–were ever initiated….

….A study published in the Journal of Natural Products, following a recent study conducted at Catholic University of South Korea stated that one chemical in Graviola was found to selectively kill colon cancer cells at “10,000 times the potency of (the commonly used chemotherapy drug) Adriamycin…”

….The most significant part of the Catholic University of South Korea report is that Graviola was shown to selectively target the cancer cells, leaving healthy cells untouched. Unlike chemotherapy, which indiscriminately targets all actively reproducing cells (such as stomach and hair cells), causing the often devastating side effects of nausea and hair loss in cancer patients.

…A study at Purdue University recently found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed cancer cells among six human cell lines and were especially effective against prostate, pancreatic and lung cancers…. Seven years of silence broken–it’s finally here!

30. Brian Osmond says:

I will be praying for your trip to Bethel, the special prayer time and for God to speak to and lead Makari during the school visit. One of our daughters attended Bethel’s school of worship for a month and loved it.
    You and your family have been used by God to touch and change lives and you are loved and appreciated by many!!

Lord, let Lana and each member of her family feel your perfect love and may the power of your love continue to bring peace and cast out all fear from their hearts and minds!

31. Sharyol M. Cummings says:

I certainly will be praying for you and your family. You have been an inspiration in my life and all of those of whom i have shared with. May the God of Love and Peace be with always.

32. Jacqui Olson says:

I have been reading “TFTD” for 2/3 years and I love it. Thank you. I will pray for your healing. My best friend had breast cancer nearly two years ago, had a mastectomy and was healed. She is cancer free. I believe God healed her through prayer. I will add your name on our prayer chain. God’s peace and blessing on you!
    Jacqui

33. Delaina says:

I will definitely pray and have friends praying with me. What a neat present from God– a pre-planned trip to Bethel! I will be praying for healing and that God can use you and those praying for you to reveal his glory and power. Lana, you are such a great example of the humble servant Christ calls us to be. Sending love and prayers for healing!