Bone Biopsy Result

on February 24, 2012

Well, the results are in. My bone biopsy confirms that the cancer in my bones seems to be similar to the cancer in my breast. So it most likely started in my breast and spread from there. It’s possible I may still need to do a lung biopsy to confirm that it is also the same breast cancer there and not a separate lung cancer. We will see. In other news, the biopsy report also had an indicator of the aggressiveness of my cancer. It’s called a Ki-67 factor. Apparently anything over 20% is considered aggressive. My Ki-67 factor was 70%! For some reason when I found out it made me laugh! (Now I know you are probably all concerned about my mental state right now. And maybe you should be!! I do tend to laugh in the face of adversity…or maybe just at inappropriate times.) The verse that came to mind was one that some dear friends gave me on Sunday from Psalm 112: 7-8…

“He will have no fear of bad news;
   his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
His heart is secure, he will have no fear;
   in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.”

The biopsy report does seem rather bleak. But thankfully my God is powerful. He’s the Great Physician and His report supersedes any other! He already knows what’s going on and has everything under control. In the mean time, I am also trying to do my part nutritionally. I’ve adopted a plant-based, no-sugar diet with many supplements.  I’m still praying about what else God might want me to do next, and will talk to the doctors more next week.

I hope this latest report doesn’t scare you, but maybe encourages you all to keep praying fervently for my healing. And God will receive all the glory for healing me from such a seemingly dire situation. On that note- I am attending a healing service tomorrow morning @ 9:00 a.m. at Bethel as well as a special inner healing session tomorrow afternoon @ 4:30 p.m. I’m blessed to be able to be here and experience this.

Thank you again for your many prayers and encouraging notes. I reread them many times to encourage myself. May God bless you back in multiple ways!!!

With great love for all of you, Lana

33 responses to “Bone Biopsy Result

1. Lisa Hall says:

Hi Lana

Thanks for sharing your results – I guess it can be helpful to know where you stand medically. And it will certainly help your doctors know how best to treat you. But, as you say, the Lord is our great Physician – numbers and percentages are no match for his power. His will will be done in your life, whether it is healing for a time on Earth (regardless of the odds) or whether it is the healing for eternity that comes through resurrection.

Praying that you will continue to find peace in Him.

Lisa

2. Jim Dumas and Leila Dumas says:

I love your attitude, Lana. The right attitude got me through bladder cancer and it is getting my daughter through her cancer and side effects. Positive attitude and thinking bring amazing results.

3. Joy - Brisbane, Australia says:

I’ve been following your blog for a while and up until now – well still now actually – I don’t know what to say. I just know I need to say something. I don’t even know you yet I feel genuine friendship and concern for you. I lost one of my six sisters to a very aggressive bowel cancer almost 8 years ago. She, like you believed that whichever way things progressed, The Lord would ultimately bring her healing. Although no longer with us she is truly now completely healed – Praise God! Keep trusting in Him to have His way. I’m Praying constantly for your physical healing from this horrible disease and also that The Lord will continue to use you to bring others into His Kingdom. Praying also for your Husband and Children – strength to support you, love to sustain you, and God’s peace.

4. Linda S. Downing says:

You laughed! It made me smile to hear you laughed. “A joyful heart is good medicine; a broken spirit dries up the bones.” I think you are self-medicating!
    Praying for you. ❤ LSD

5. Sarah Thomas says:

I pray for you and your family, I pray for the cancer to go and for strength for you and your family.May you feel God’s ,love around you. You are a blessing to all of us

6. Philip from England says:

2 Chronicles 20:13-19
    English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

13 Meanwhile all Judah stood before the Lord, with their little ones, their wives, and their children. 14 And the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, son of Benaiah, son of Jeiel, son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. 15 And he said, “Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the Lord to you, ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God’s. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. Behold, they will come up by the ascent of Ziz. You will find them at the end of the valley, east of the wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you.”

18 Then Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the Lord, worshipping the Lord. 19 And the Levites, of the Kohathites and the Korahites, stood up to praise the Lord, the God of Israel, with a very loud voice.

7. Benjamin Kalo. London says:

Healing deteriorates when faith waivers. Your faith will see you through in the Mighty Name of Jesus.

8. Eddie says:

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date.
    Of course one is concerned about the outcome of the biopsy results but as you say, your faith is in the Lord and that is the most important of all.
    I will continue to pray for the return of your health as I am convinced all your friends will do.
    Keep the faith – it is worth more than any medication or supplements – but at the same time be gentle on yourself.
    With my very best wishes – and in glory to God the Great Healer.
    Amen

9. Betty McDonald says:

I’m not good with words. But I want you to know that God still works miracles, I know first hand! We are thankful for the miracles of knowing you, and praying that He makes you one of His miracles of total cure. Lots of Love, Betty McDonald

10. Lana I am sure God is rejoycing in your faith. We know he is in charge so I join the prayer of healing for his faithful servant. I also pray for strength for Eric and your wonderful children.
    Love, Margie

11. Hi Lana,
    I am so encouraged by your faith. I am praying as hard as I can for you , I am a loner in my faith, so by myself I don’t suppose my prayers are all that powerful, but with all these people in agreement with me I feel We can’t miss. I am believing for a complete recovery through Jesus .I am feeling like Jesus has seized this opportunity to show us all a Lazarus type miracle even though his feet are no longer on the Earth. I will continue to pray for you and watch for your posts.

Love,
    John

12. Martha says:

I’m glad to see you in such good spirit! I know God is still in the healing business!!! I love your family and are praying for all of you daily for strength to get through this trial. God bless.

13. Lana.

Thank you for your testimony!!! What an incredible inspiration you are!!! Our God is an awesome God and it is only by His Spirit (Zech. 4:6) that you can proclaim such joy (laughter) and peace in the midst of this storm.

As I prayed for you, I was reminded of Ex. 14 when the Isrealites were placed between the approaching Egyptians and the Red Sea…Moses proclaimed, “13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Between a rock and a hard place, Our God is a deliverer!!!

May you feel a strong sense of His presence, His love and Healing hand on your life today.

Our ministry team has been to Bethel several times…God’s spirit is on fire there…knowing you’ll be touched in amazing ways, all to His glory!

Sisters in Christ.

Laurie

14. Martha Hughes says:

I am praying for you, Lana, as well as Eric and the family. Your diagnosis came as quite a shock to us, as I’m sure it did to you. I am thanking God for your attitude and your resting in his care. You are touching even more lives as you travel down this road. God bless you and heal you.
    Martha

15. Brenda says:

Keep on laughing, Lana It’s good for you.

My mom had / has almost exactly the same medical “story” as you except she was 61 when hers was discovered. It is a very hard fight and some days I think she wished it would just be over… but she continued and continues to fight. She is 65 now and still doing well. The first year was the most difficult with extensive chemo that took it’s toll on her body which was already very weak. But it got rid of the breast cancer that had spread throughout her body in numerous locations and her numbers were all excellent. About two years later, she had a dizzy spell and after some tests, it was discovered that there were some brain tumors as well, so she underwent radiation treatments to fight it again. That was easy at first but the effects hit her about 3 weeks later and it was another fierce battle and a test of her will to live. But she did it. We’ve come to realize that you may never get rid of the cancer, but you can manage it with medications, diet, prayer, love and most importantly keeping hope in your heart and a postivie attitude. I don’t know you but I thought you might want to hear from someone who has a loved one that has gone through what you are going through. This IS NOT a death sentence… even though it felt like it was at times. You still have a life to live. None of us knows when we will be called home. So fight the fight… stay strong mentally and physically and know that there is hope.

16. Rhonda Myers says:

Lana you and your amazing family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! You are a wonderfully kind and brave soul! If you need anything at all, do not hesitate to call! Love and Hugs- Rhonda Myers

Lana, You are an amazing woman! Your heart, mind and soul is in the right place! Continue to trust in God, as some who have less faith would be “blaming Him.” May God keep you strong and may the healing sessions do wonders!

18. Nancy Aupperle says:

Thank you for sharing so honestly, and yet with such love for our Lord. Our BSF class is studying 2 Corinthians and this last week in Ch. 4. From that we saw that our sufferings and trials crack our jars of clay to reveal Christ, which ministers to the hearts and lives of others. You are that example for us Lana, thank you for revealing Christ to all who are following your trials right now. You are not losing heart, our God is good. Thank you, know we are praying for you, especially on Monday the 27th, not only my family, but others in BSF and our church. Love and God’s blessing to you and your family. Nancy Aupperle

19. Cheryl Zacek says:

I know all about the laughing or smiling when you hear bad news. I do the same thing. When I was 15 and told my grandpa had died, I smiled and couldn’t stop. I felt so stupid, but it was completely involuntary!

We’re praying for you. The worse the case is, the bigger the miracle God can do!

20. Herman Bowser says:

Nothing about cancer is easy..especially after the Dr. visits..Like falling of a ledge..love and prayers….Herm

21. Maria Villalobos says:

We are praying for you. You are such a strong beautiful women, and such a amazing example to everyone around you. We love you.

22. Teri says:

Hi Lana, This is from Teri DeRango Reck, I don’t know if you remember me, but I found out about your news from my brother, Rick. I am friends with Linda, if you remember, so I contacted her too. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying fervently for you and your whole family. Your faith is amazing and inspirational! My family read Psalm 20 as part of our devotional last night, and it made me think of you. Hold fast to the promises of the Lord!!!

23. Harriet Dennis says:

Lana, my heart and prayers are with you and also with your family. You have all been such an inspiration to so many in the past and will continue to be even more so as you face the overwhelming news. Christ said with faith as small as a mustard seed we could tell a mountain to move over there and it would be done. I will not let any doubt about your healing enter my mind but will pray often throughout the day, every day until you are healed.

24. Laurel Webster says:

I listen to a TV minister called Andrew Wommack. When a girl came to him with a bad report
    his comment was “Piece of cake for Jesus” He prayed in faith for her and she was healed. Not that it was Rev Wommack that made the difference but that God wants you to be well. Isaiah53:4-6 and 1Peter 2:24.Praise God. With HIM all things are possible.!!!!!!!!!

25. Denise says:

I will continue praying for you. Thank you for keeping us well informed:)

26. rona says:

You’re family are great Lana! Praying for healing from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…. You are such a blessing and an encouragement to each of us and it’s a tremendous sadness to know you are sick. Just as I said on my past comment, I do hope you will research for barley grass. As researched by a Japanese doctor, Dr. Hagiwara as the only vegetation on earth that can supply nutritional support from birth to old age, its essential nutrients can maximize the capacity of our body to help heal itself and repair the damaged cells. our body need 21 enzymes and barley has 18 enzymes that our body badly needed.
    God bless and I truly pray for great miracle from our God!

27. Teresa Porzelius says:

I admire your trust and faith in Jesus to heal and sustain you. My thoughts and prayers
    are with you my dear sister in Christ.
    “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,
    in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will guide your path.” Proverbs 3:5 & 6

Teresa Porzelius

28. Janie Roeschley says:

Lana, and family, our hearts are going out to you, and our prayers are with you in a deep and earnest way. We, of course, pray for the human desire of a full and complete healing — health anew! May is please be so!!! Yet, we are also seeking to trust, with you, as so many who love you are, for whatever is God’s plan and God’s best. Know that our thoughts and prayers and love are sent your way. — Mark and Janie Roeschley

29. Ruth (Mitchel) James says:

I don’t know if you’ve already added this root to your plant based diet, but it seems that it could help. The herb is ‘angelica archangelic’ – you can read about it on this site: http://www.blessedmaineherbs.com/womensherbs.html

We continue in prayer for your healing

30. Terresa Byler says:

Hello Lana,
    My prayers are with you and your family..Love and Prayer,
    Terresa

31. John Birsner says:

God bless you Lana… You are so loved!

32. Elvira Brooks says:

I am praying for you and complete healing! It is good you have changed your diet. I read some of the book Susan Sommers has out called Knockout. If you can pick it up, it might be VERY helpful. It sort of scared me but there is tons of information about nutrition that she has researched.
    Also a good site to go to is http://www.mercola.com, go to Health Blog and type in at the top what you are searching for. It is the no. 1 natural health site.
    I have a friend Shelley who just had surgery today for breast cancer and another friend Sherri who after 15 years, her cancer has returned. Please pray for both of these sweet, wonderful ladies.
    I was in Care Groups when your husband shared the news. He is standing by you and a wonderful man of faith!

Standing in faith with you.

33. Elaine Goerne says:

Lana, what an encourager you are! I truly believe you are/will be healed. I was told in 2007 that the cancer I had was not treatable and could not be operated on. I did not give up but put it in God’s hands, just like you are doing. I went for a 3rd opinion and the doctor could not find the cancer that was there before on the PET scan.

God is the great physician….we believe in the report of the LORD!