Back from California

on March 3, 2012

Hello all! I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your prayers, cards, gifts and notes of encouragement. I feel constantly lifted up before God. You all are amazing! I had an incredible week in California with my daughter Makari. We both loved Bethel school and she has already filled out her application to attend next year. Many people laid hands on me and prayed for my healing while I was there. And I, along with many of you fasted and prayed for 24 hours last Monday. I continue to believe that God can and will heal me from this disease and I know your prayers continue to make a difference. I posted earlier that the lump in my breast has shrunk significantly and I believe it is a direct result of your prayers. Thank you all again and again. I also am very thankful that my doctor has scheduled another ultrasound on Monday March 5th to check the lump. Yea! I am looking forward to hearing and seeing those results as I know many of you will be too!!

While I was at Bethel I bought a little booklet for my kids called “4 Most Important Things.” It really spoke to me so I wanted to share some of what it says here.

Number 1 “God is in a good mood.” So true. He really does love you and is totally for you. If you know that God is for you and not against you, you will be able to look at each situation as something that will eventually result in good. (Romans 8:31 & Romans 8:28)
Number 2 “Jesus’ blood paid for everything.” God sent Jesus to pay for all of our sins and all of our diseases. Psalm 103:2-3 “Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits– who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”
Number 3 “I am important.” Yes, you are! He cares for you deeply. 1 Peter 5:7 says “Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you.”
Number 4 “Nothing is impossible.” Let me hear an AMEN! Jesus said in Matthew 19:26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

I hope the words from this little booklet encourage you in whatever situation you may be facing. I also want you to know I am open to whatever treatment options God may have for me. I did a MUGA scan on my heart on Friday and I have an appointment with my oncologist on Wednesday. But the appointments I look forward to the most are the ones I have with God everyday and throughout the day! Love you all.  Lana

9 responses to “Back from California

1. Jim Dumas and Leila Dumas says:

Welcome home, Lana. I’m glad you had a delightful trip. Now we will pray for what Gods wants of you. I’ll bet that it is GOOD!! God bless you and all of yours.

Thank you for sharing those four lovely verses with everybody. May they lighten the load, whatever it is of everyone who reads them and I pray that you, in particular, will gain courage and strengthen your faith through their messages of positive support. You remain in my prayers and in my thoughts and I look forward to hearing the results of your further scheduled tests and believe that the outcome will be indisputably positive.

3. Juanita says:

You are such an inspiration with all you uplifting thoughts and praise to our Heavenly Father. I I pray you have a complete healing. Will continue to keep you in prayer. God bless and keep you and your family.

All of your posts leave me in tears at your awe inspiring faith! Continuing to lift you in prayers all the time.

5. Paula Skaff says:

I am contining to pray for you and your family. I am sorry that you have had to endure this health problem but I believe that many blessings and miracles will happen because of this. We send out care and love.

6. Paula Skaff says:

We are continuing to pray for you and your family. We are sorry that you have had to endure this health problem but we believe that from this many blessings and miracles will occur. We send our care and love.

7. Debbie (Shane) Bandy says:

You are truly an inspiration!!! Continued prayers from the Bandy household….Love and hugs to you and your family! Debbie and John Bandy

8. Jacquiline says:

Dear Lana

I praise God for the strength He is giving you and the whole family. God will see you through all this. As i read Psalm 37:5-6, I thought of you and the work you have doing in reaching so many people and my prayer is that God will make your righteousness shine like the dawn.

Your courage and faith really encourages us all.

He is faithful and He will heal you.
    Thinking and praying for you
    Love
    from
    Zimbabwe

9. Chris says:

Thank you for posting the Scripture references to the 4 Most Important Things! I am teaching this to the kids at our church in Nyack, NY and I wanted to be sure to give them a verse in the Bible with each one. Blessings on you!