The Shrinking Lump

on March 5, 2012

We have just finished with the ultrasound of the lump in my breast.  It’s still there, but the good news is that the lump is smaller! Praise God!! The radiologist said it’s measuring 20% smaller than a month ago and that this is unusual. He said he has never seen a lump like this go away or shrink without treatment, and that this was highly unusual and he didn’t have a great explanation for why this is happening. He also said the lump has settled in the soft tissue of the ribs which partly explains why I have a hard time finding it. But he did say it is indeed smaller in size and not as tall as it was a month ago, measuring only 1.2 cm instead of 1.5 cm last month. While we were hoping that the lump would be gone completely, the fact that it has shrunk at all is encouraging to us that God is answering prayers and perhaps using the nutritional steps I have taken to cause this to happen. The doctor didn’t know if this is an indicator of what may be happening in the rest of my body or not as he has never seen this happen before. Please continue to pray with us for a healthy dose of wisdom as we meet with the oncologist on Wednesday to discuss our next steps.  We’re continuing to praise God for this good report. Here’s a Psalm that you can use to praise God with us.

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
  come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
  It is He who made us, and we are His;
  we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
  and His courts with praise;
  give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the LORD is good and His love endures forever;
  His faithfulness continues through all generations.

27 responses to “The Shrinking Lump

1. Laura Price says:

What wonderful news! Praise God for shinking the lump! I will continue to pray for God to heal you completely!

2. Carolyn Ross says:

Joyous News!!!!
    Praising God, our Deliverer and Healer!!!
    Awesome!!!!!

3. Julie Cargo says:

Your Faith encourages me.
    2 Corinthians 1:3,4

“Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; 4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God

4. Anita from Ghana says:

Thank you Lord that you hear us when we pray. The story in Mark 8:21-25 just dropped into my spirit. When Jesus touched the blind man the first time, he saw men as trees. But then Jesus did not leave him as such. He touched him again and he was completely healed. Dear Jesus, as you have touched Lana the first time we prayed and let the lump shrink, please complete the healing process you have began just as you did in time past. I know you hear us when we pray in Jesus Name. Amen.

5. Jamie Sutter says:

Praise God! I am continuing to pray for you…and through this, my relationship with God is growing… 🙂

6. Merle says:

Praise the LORD indeed for answered prayers! Even before we call, God has already heard us, before we speak, He has already answered us,. May you continue to be healed by the Greatest Physician of all, Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Thanks be to God for his faithfulness. We know God will watch over his word to perform it. We will continue to pray without ceasing. His praise we will sing forever. Ps 34: 5 shall be our ebenezar. Amen.
    Stay lifted and encouraged in Him. You have made my day, my faith had grown some with this good news. To God be glory!

8. Elaine Goerne says:

I have been singing for you:
    Lana na na, Lana na na, hey, hey cancer goodbye!

I am DELIGHTED with the news Lana. Keep it up – as all who cherish you will keep up their prayers for continued good and better reports !

10. Martha Hughes says:

Such wonderful, encouraging news. I will continue praying and thanking God,

11. Ruth (Mitchel) James says:

Wonderful news Lana! We are continuing to pray.

12. Martha says:

WOO-HOO!! Praise God! Thank you Jesus for your touch on this family! I believe God loves to show doctors HIS greatness and healing power, and that HE IS in charge. I am continuing in prayers for you all. I love you sister, and am so glad to see your strength and belief. It encourages us.

Yeah Lana!!! What a joy tO read your note. My family and I will keep the loving energy rolling. Rose

14. Susan Jones says:

Another praise: Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below! Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts! Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! Amen.
    There is power is our praises!

15. Jack Patterson says:

so encouraging! Praising God! 🙂

16. Anita says:

with God, nothing is impossible!

17. Dwan Avent says:

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! 🙂 GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!!!! PRAISE YAHWEH!!!

18. Peggy says:

Lana~ Continuing to pray for you and your family and loving the comments, staying up on your
    developments, etc. It’s quite a journey so far!!! Just wanted to give you Proverbs 18:10~another
    source of strength for me, and hopefully, for you~ “The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe” Bless you!

19. Barbara McElroy says:

Eric and Lana, It reminds me of when Jesus healed the blind man in steps. He put the mud on his eyes and then told him to go across town and wash it off. I think it took him a couple of times of washing before he saw clearly. I also think about Nahaman who was told to dip in the river 7 times. God can heal anyway He chooses. Praise God for what He is doing in your lives and body!! Barb

20. DANIEL & DEBORAH FROM NIGERIA:HE'S A MIRACLE WORKING GOD!HE'S A MIRACLE WORKING FATHER!!HE'S THE ALPHA,& OMEGA, HE'S A MIRACLE WORKING GOD!!! P-R-A-I-S-E T-H-E L-O-R-D!!! !!!!!! says:

ALL THE GLORY MUST BE TO THE LORD!FOR HE’S WORTH OF OUR PRAISE!NO MAN ON EARTH SHOULD GIVE GLORY TO HIMSELF! ALL THE GLORY MUST BE TO THE LORD!!!!!!

21. To him who is able we put our trust that all will be well.

22. Kate says:

Praise the Lord your lump is shrinking – I’m continuing to pray and thanking him for his grace He loves you very muchx

23. Jim Bressner says:

Praise God!! This news of God’s touch had my eyeballs sweating as I read it and shared it with the men’s small group!

Hi Banana – any news? Thinking of you all the day. praying with all my might.

25. Joan Moody says:

We shared your praise update with our small group adn we will all continue praying for your health, life and peace! Grateful you have this blog. Hugs from TX, Joan

26. pat vanderhoek says:

During the throes of a heart attack, I heard “You are going to die and be with the Lord.” Wanting to be sure that I was hearing from God, I asked Him if it had been Him I heard. His reply was “I have given you the Holy Spirit to teach you all things.” In my agony and pain I called out to The HOly Spirit and He answered with these words.”Words fitly spoken are like apples in pictures of silver.” He then flashed in front of my eyes the scripture where Jesus spoke in John 10:10 “Satan only comes to steal, kill land destroy, but I have come to give you life abundantly.” He then gave me Revelations 12:11 “They overcame Satan by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony.”
    Realizing I had to confess my healing was already given by Jesus, and that by His stripes I was healed, I knew I had to confess this truth of Him.
    As I spoke the words of Truth, the pain left and I felt the presence of our Saviour. It was like I was lifted up and encompassed in a comforter. And for the first time I heard God laughing!
    In days to come, when Satan again attempted to seduce me to believe I had to die, I laghed at him and proclaimed the truth of Christ – “By His stripes I am healed, now and forever.” Each time the pain left and God and I laughed together. By His blood we are healed. By His grace we are saved. Amen.