Throne of Grace

on March 27, 2012

Hi all,

Thank you all for your prayers for me. I continue to feel you lifting me up before God and helping me to make some good decisions each day.

Although I’ve been encouraged that the lump in my breast has been shrinking, the pain in my back is increasing.  So as much as I’ve been praying that God will take this away through nutrition and prayer, I’m feeling more like I’ll need to start chemotherapy soon.  The doctors say the chemo will help to kill the cancer that is causing my back pain, and could put the cancer into remission.  But because it has spread, it will likely begin to grow back again, which means I’ll need to keep taking some kind of chemotherapy for several years.

Since I’m thinking about starting the chemotherapy, I’ve found an oncologist closer to home, about 25 minutes away instead of 2 hours away, where I could get the treatments.  This will make it easier all around.

I’m still praying this week though that God will heal me completely before that, if possible.  The doctor has agreed to do a PET scan this Friday to see if the tumors have shrunk anywhere else in my body.  If so, we’ll praise God and keep doing what we’re doing!  But if the cancer is the same or has spread further, then I’m scheduled to have a port put in on Tuesday next week, and begin chemo treatments on April 6th — Good Friday.

The doctor has also scheduled me for an MRI brain scan on April 5th to see if anything is there. Well, cancer, that is. I’m hoping my brain will be in the scan. 😉 I guess the common places for breast cancer to metastasize is to the lungs, liver, bone and the brain. They don’t think it’s gone to my brain yet, but that’s one of the four typical places breast cancer goes, and since it’s already gone to the other three spots in my lungs, liver and spine, they are hoping (as am I!) that it hasn’t yet gone to my brain.

All to say, I would appreciate your prayers again this week, as much as ever, that God will make it clear what to do next.

Last week, my doctor started me on an infusion of something called Aredia to help build up my bones. It’s an injection that takes two hours. The side effects included flu-like symptoms of fever, chills and bone pain in various places for about 36 hours afterward. I felt like Harry Potter must have felt when he took “Skele-gro” to grow his arm back when it had been turned into jello. 🙂  During my feverish episode, I was actually wondering if they gave me one of the chemo drugs instead!  But the symptoms were in line with the common side effects of Aredia. Because of my bone metastasis, I will probably receive a bone treatment like Aredia (or Xgeva or Zometa) every 3- 4 weeks!! So any prayers for my bones to heal would be really appreciated. I have also spoken with a naturopathic doctor and have found some natural remedies to strengthen my bones that I will use as well.

As much as I wish I had better news, I have been encouraged this week by these verses in Hebrews 4:14-16:

“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”

It’s so good to know that Jesus can sympathize with my weaknesses, and that I can approach God’s throne with confidence so that I can receive His mercy and grace in my time of need. I am always so encouraged by the word of God.

As I head into the weeks ahead, and all the tests and decisions, I thought I would pray right here and ask if you could join me in prayer and agree with me for my healing.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank You for everything you are doing in my life. I thank You for the incredible blessing of friends and family around the world who are praying for me and lifting me up to your throne for healing. Continue to hear and answer our prayers. I thank You that You understand what is happening in my body and You are in complete control. You are always good and loving and You know what is best. I thank You too that we can approach Your throne with confidence knowing that You are a merciful God and that You will give us grace in our time of need. Lord, I ask for complete healing in my body. I ask for every cancer cell to die and be removed from my body and for new and healthy cells to take their place. God, You are the Great Physician. You know what my body needs. Please touch me by the power of your Holy Spirit and bring about the complete healing that I need.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Your prayers are truly appreciated!!
Love you all!  Lana

21 responses to “Throne of Grace

1. Judy Zocco says:

I am praying for you. I just lost my 41 yearld daughter to cancer on March 15. God be with you.

• Pam Timms says:

Lana I am in Western Australia but as far as God is concerned we are holding hands wherever you are at this moment reading this comment. More than that, the Lord has you in HIS HANDS so we confidently pray for Him to do His will in your body. Thanks you for bravely filling us all in on your progress…for that is surely what it is, as you walk confidently with your Heavenly Father. Sending my love and prayers…Pam

2. Beena says:

You are very much in our prayers. His grace is sufficient for you …I have forwarded one song -Lift up my eyes -sung by my husband to you thru Br.Elders site. Hope you received it…God Bless …

3. My heartfelt sympathies & prayers are with you, Lana, Eric & Family – for Our Heavenly Father to wonderfully heal you by the Holy Spirit.
    Some practical thoughts…
    I had to battle prostate cancer from about ’03 to’09 & tried almost every Natural remedy on the ‘net to no avail. I finally succumbed to radiation & so glad I did. It was like a walk in the park – with pin-point targeting & excellent results. I do realise not every case is suitable for radiation, but I think it is far preferable to Chemotherapy.
    If you google up Qbiotics & study up E.B.C.46, developed from the native Blushwood tree in Queensland rainforest, there are some amazing results of tumors dying on old dogs & horses – within a short period of treatment. It has been a traditional Aust. Aboriginal cure in that area.
    Overcoming the pharmaceutical beaurocracy to make the product available before release time (10 years testing ect.) would be a challenge.
    I cannot find the photos showing before & after pictures of dogs & horses – but I think it was on “Sunday Night” Channel 7.

• R P says:

The Blushwood has NEVER been a traditional Aboriginal treatment. Qbiotics discovered this compound through their revolutionary discovery methods. The drug will start human trials this year, hopefully 5 years from market now. All the best for your condition.

Continuing to pray. Love and hugs, The Abbott Family

Dear Lana
    I admire your Faith, your bravery, and your endurance at this time. You certainly have your, mind, heart and sould in the right place by trustinig fully in God, the Great Physician. Not many people would have all the gratitude that you do in thanking God for the good that is coming out of your unbelievably relentless illness.

I pray, God, in his loving mercy, does, indeed take away every single cancel cell in your body.

If that is not His will for you, I pray that you continue doing what the doctors here advise and what you feel God is leading you to do, and continue your fight!

God be with you every moment of every day!

6. Jenny Bland says:

Lana…We are here for you….praying and lifting up your whole familyl! Please let us know if you need anything….food, errands run, ANYTHING. Jesus please wrap your arms around Lana and heal every last cell. We love you….AMEN!

7. Juanita says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray the the Lord gives you a complete healing from these terrible Cancer cells and new healthy one will be replaced for you.

8. Leslie Yendro says:

Lana – I continue to pray for you and hope that you will be healed. One of my college girlfriends is an oncology nurse at the large clinic in Peoria, and she sees many breast cancer patients. If you are going to be getting chemotherapy through that group, please let me know and I will make sure the 2 of you are connected. Your strength through all of this has been amazing, and I trust that God will be with you every step of the way. – Leslie

We are praying for you everyday. We hope you get better and stay healthy. Hello to all your family. We love you and hope you get better.
    Love,
    The O’Donnell- Sloan family

10. Nancy Kulik says:

I’ve been reading your updates and praying and wondering if the enzyme wonder,Serrapeptase,
    might be of some help in healing you. May the Lord richly bless you with His unfailing love in Jesus. Nancy.

11. Elizabeth Williams says:

Lana, I prayed with you and will continue to pray when the Holy Spirit puts you on my mind. Blessings to you. Libby in Nevada

i wanted to say i am praying for u and ur family

13. Yesusnesh says:

My heart went out for you, I know in how much pain you are right now. It is good to seek God in Prayer and you should also read verses in regard to healing and meditate.

I heard a testimony from a lady who have been suffering from cancer in my country, she has been under a medical care for a long time and she was taking her medicine through her vain, which was so much painful but she always meditate the word of God while she was taking her medicine. The nurses was always mocking while she meditated the word and think that she was getting crazy because of the disease but that was not the case. She knows what she did and at last one day when a doctor examines her he could not find the cancer any more wow………..he couldn’t believe and was amazed and asked her what happened, she said that another doctor healed her, he asked who he is and wanted to know eagerly. And she said that he is Dr. Jesus.

My sister Lana you are healed 2000 yrs ago, there is no pain and suffer that Jesus left to you.
    read the following scriptures aloud over and over and use them as a weapon against the cancer. God will do a miracle on your body:

For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after. Jer.30:17
    ……………..

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. Isa. 53:3,4

I will pray for you sis.

God is with you!

Be blessed.

14. Michelle Knapton says:

You are so special to me! I am so glad Eric told me about your blog so I can keep up with your healing.
    You are an amazing woman and dear friend.
    I am so praying for you .

Live,

Michelle

15. Praying and lifting my faith with you in this season of your life.

Thank you so much for keeping me up to date with your progress. You are very often in my thoughts. I pray along with you for complete healing of the illness – knowing that you are needed here to do much more of God’s work.
    Keep up the faith – there are many, many others who are praying with and beside you.
    I look forward to a very positive report and wish you a blessed time in this week that precedes Easter, when we will be thinking of the incredible journey that our Lord made all those many years ago so that we may have eternal life.
    With warm and sincere wishes,

17. Daniel Chan says:

Shalom Lana
    By His stripes You are healed. All cancer cells are gone. In Jesus name. Amen
    In His Grace,
    Daniel Chan

18. John says:

Lana, please consider contacting Dr. Delport, even if it is just by e-mail. I know him personally and he has helped me when I needed it most. He does have some experience in dealing with cancer. Here is a link to his website – http://www.abundanthealthclinic.org/we-are-natural-health-clinic

God Bless you and your family and the tremendous work that you guys do for others. You guys are a blessing to many.

19. DANIEL & DEBORAH FROM NIGERIA:HE'S A MIRACLE WORKING GOD!HE'S A MIRACLE WORKING FATHER!!HE'S THE ALPHA,& OMEGA, HE'S A MIRACLE WORKING GOD!!! P-R-A-I-S-E T-H-E L-O-R-D!!! !!!!!! says:

LANA,YOU & ERIC ARE REAL SOURCE OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO THE CHRISTIAN FAITH,LITTLE WONDER THE DEVIL IS FIGHTING A LOST BATTLE.YOU ARE DWELLING IN THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH,ABIDING CONTINUOUSLY UNDER HIS SHADOW.IT IS WELL WITH YOUR WHOLE HOUSEHOLD!