PET Scan Results

on April 3, 2012

Dear friends,

We’ve been praying for wisdom and clarity from God about what to do next, and today we got more of both.  My PET scan results came back this morning and showed that unfortunately the cancer is still there in my breast, liver, lungs and bones.  It also shows that the cancer has spread throughout my skeletal system, not just the three main areas in my spine and pelvis that showed up on earlier scans.  So it made it clear to me to proceed with putting in a port today to make it easier for treatments.  That in itself was a big answer to prayer for me as I was unsure even this morning if I should proceed with that surgery.  The surgery to put in the port went well, and I’m now at home recovering.

I heard a pastor say that whenever Satan sends his fiery darts our way, to just say “Thanks for the ammunition!” and send them back at him by praising God in midst of the attack from Satan.  So I’m saying, “Thanks for the ammunition!” and will keep on praising God no matter what.

I still have an MRI scan of my brain on Thursday and am scheduled to start chemo on Friday.  My prayer is that the chemo I take will be the exact chemo that would put the cancer in my body into remission.  I’d love to have have you join me in that prayer, and hope you’ll keep sending your praises to God for whatever you’re facing as well.

25 responses to “PET Scan Results

We will keep praying and not ‘faint’ God’s ways are not our way. He is in control and we will continue to trust Him no matter what. He is your rock and healer & He is faithful.

2. Judy Loh says:

Lana, you bring much glory to the Lord and are such a strong testimony of faith. I have several girlfrens undergoing chemo and led one of them to Christ last week. May you continue to reach out to people even though you are going through this adversity. And yes, “satan, thank you for the ammunition ! We thank God for every kind of trial that comes our way.”

The Lord has a big purpose for you, Eric and your family. And He Alone will see each of you through it.

Jeremiah 29:11 – For I have plans for you, saith the Lord; plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

I’ll keep praying, Lana. I’ll pray that the port is the passageway for the medicine that will destroy the cancer and give space for those amazing Lana cells to take over.

4. Jeanette Gaylord says:

Joining you in prayer and praises for the clear direction this morning! You are a light to the world and I love you!

5. Lana, Your faithful testimony to our all-powerful, all-knowing God is such a challenge. I can’t help see a timely coincidence in what you are facing on this Friday, “Good Friday”. How the world would question our sanity with claiming you and this cancer process as “good”. Though my day is filled with customers desiring a special look for the Easter holiday, I will try with the Holy Spirit’s prompting to remember you throughout the day as you cloth yourself in the armor of the Lord to do a battle of faith.

6. Mary says:

Joining you in that prayer and praising God for all His blessings 🙂

7. Charlene says:

I will continue praying for you as I have passed the word to my my friends in my bible study here in Massachusettes. 🙂

praying for u and ur family

9. Meg says:

I am praying that God will heal you and you are in my thoughts and prayers as well as your family in my thoughts and prayers.

10. Dan says:

We will continue to pray and ask for healing in an amazing way. We’ll stand on with you my sister. To God be the glory for the great things he has and will do in and through you.

I was very encouraged by the previous post about hope, from the stories of David and Jesus. Yesterday was a low day for me. God used that message to build up my faith.

Thanks

Dan

11. Asha says:

My prayers are always with you. God will take care of you from all difficulties and agony.

Love,
    Asha

12. Praying for you; praising with you!
    If God is for us, who can be against us!!!
    Amen.

13. Merle says:

Dear Lana, I’ve been praying for God’s healing mercies, & I praise Him for giving you a positive & grateful spirit, no matter what! Did not the apostle Paul admonished us to “in everything give thanks”? Whatever the outcome of it all, we must give God the glory! We will never meet here on earth, but I’d like to meet you “by the Savior’ side”.. I love you & may God’s abundant blessing be upon you & your family. Merle

14. efchristi says:

We are sorry to hear the cancer has spread so far and offer our prayers for your continued comfort. We also pray that the treatments help cure or put into remission the cancer. We pray for your families strength and comfort.
    God bless you my friend.

Ed.

15. Juanita says:

I will continue to pray for a complete healing for you. You are an amazing woman. I know the Lord is with you as you go through this terrible time. Keep holding on to His promises for He will see you through this.

16. Martha Hughes says:

My Bible study and I in particular will continue to pray for healing, and the strength for whatever is coming up in your treatment. Thank you for continuing to be a great witness in your time of trouble. That is so pleasing to God and an encouragement for us all.

I am praying for you Lana, especially at this time of Jesus’ resurrection, which gives us immeasurable hope!

18. Indeed I have and will continue to pray until God’s will is done thru this process with you.
    You are a shining witness already, in what must be a scary trial. You are allowed to go through all the emotions of such a tribulation, and not beat yourself up if you don’t always come forth like gold at first.
    Much love and hope will be yours in the resurrection, after initiating the poisons on Good Friday—that may indeed turn out for good in the run of things. How different this season must look to you. Draw near to HIM, for HE is near in sufferings like none other, my friend. Sandra

19. Susan says:

By His stripes we are healed! I am continuing to pray here in VA!

20. Teresa Porzelius says:

Lana, Eric and family,
    Jeff and I will most definitely continue to lift you up in prayer. Thanks for the reminder to
    praise God in all circumstances – His mercies are new every morning.

Continue in His Hands,
    Teresa

21. Katie Neal says:

In HIM, you have everything! In HIM, you are complete! Your capacity to experience Him is increasing thru His removal of debris and clutter from your heart. Desiring Him above ALL else, is the best way to live! It is IMPOOSSIBLE for you to have a need that He cannot meet! Praying for complete healing from NC! xoxo – Katie Neal Owens

22. Ana says:

My prayers are daily with you. Your trust and delight in the Lord and His Word are a wonderful sample to so many. Keep fighting and smiling, and be sure you have loads of people doing the same alongside you!! It is Praise that gets the victory!!

Thank you for your trouble to keep those who pray for you informed . You remain in my prayers – I specially prayed for you tonight in church as we celebrated the Last Supper. Take courage and follow your instincts and the Way that God leads.
    With warm and kind wishes,

24. Linda says:

Dear Lana, I have prayed together with you that the chemo you receive will be the chemo that is needed to put your cancer in remission. I love your humble spirit and your strength to keep praising God as you go through this battle. He is worthy. God bless you and