He Restores My Soul

on April 5, 2012

Praise the Lord!  You guys are the best prayer warriors!  Your words of encouragement bless me so much and I know God hears and answers your prayers.

Today I had a brain scan and the results showed that it’s clear, meaning there’s no cancer in my brain!  The Lord brought this verse to my mind from Psalm 23:3 that says, “He restores my soul.”  This news definitely helped to restore my soul after all the other reports.

I’d love your prayers again tomorrow as I get ready to start chemotherapy in the morning (Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. Central time).  I’m praying that the chemo would be the right chemical composition that would bring healing to my body and not harm it in any way.  Thanks so much for joining me in this prayer.

Love,
Lana

16 responses to “He Restores My Soul

1. Jim Dumas and Leila Dumas says:

Our prayers are with you, Lana. May God bless you and heal you. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.
    And, Lana, will you and Eric pray for my daughter, Teresa? She is also in a lot of pain and suffering from the effects of cancer. She is taking the last laser-pointed radiation on a particular lymph node — one treatment today and four more in the next ten days. If they work, she will be fine. If not, then it is a life time of treatment and the oncologist doesn’t think that will be long. She, too, is counting on the Lord. He is SO good. His love endures forever!

• lanaelder says:

Absolutely! I read your note earlier today and have been praying. Eric and I will continue to pray for Teresa and your whole family. Lord, thank You for being good and loving. We trust You in all things. God, we ask that You would bring healing to Teresa. We pray the radiation would target the cancer cells that need to be destroyed and that it would not harm any good cells. We pray this for EACH treatment she receives. Give her doctors wisdom to do what’s best and giveTeresa strength and stamina to continue through each treatment. Continue to heal and restore every part of her body. Make Your presence real to Teresa, Jim and Leila and their extended family. We know from the prophet Isaiah in 53:5 that is says “But HE was pierced for our transgressions, HE was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon HIM, and by HIS wounds we are healed.” Lord Jesus, even today we remember what your death on the cross did for us. We trust and believe Your word and ask again for complete healing for Teresa. In Jesus name. Amen. We will continue to pray for Teresa and your family. Please let us know how she is doing. Love, Lana

2. Sharon Herrington says:

praying

still praying for u and ur family

4. Judy says:

Praise God, Lana! How wonderful! I found an old journal of mine that had some notes in it from a teaching by Creflo Dollar. When I read it, I thought of you immediately. Here is what I had written down:

“The difference between a fact and truth; The truth will make you free from the fact! You may have “proof” of facts, but it isn’t the truth. In a study on the Glory of God, it describes God as absolute truth and un-changeableness. All truth comes from God and the Word comes from God.”

“It may be a fact (cancer) – a fact exists in the see-able world, but things that are seen are temporal. Truth is not temporal; it’s eternal! Facts change; truth doesn’t!”

Our lives as Christians are based on the unchangeable Truth of Jesus’ death on the cross; He obtained Eternal life and healing for our bodies! The fact may be that you have cancer, but the truth is, Jesus took it from you on the Cross and has given you health and wholeness in exchange. Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me!

Love you!

Praise the Lord Lana !
    Of course my prayers will be with you as I go to church at 14:00 to remember the sacrifice that Jesus made for all mankind on this Friday – all those many years ago.
    My thoughts will be with you tomorrow too.
    With warm Christian regards,

6. efchristi says:

I believe in miracles and I believe God is not finished with you Lana! Our prayers and love for you and the family.

Ed.

7. Becky Dunlap says:

My dear Lana & family, I, like so many others, want to thank you for being such an encouragement to us, while you are facing such a huge trial yourself.

I wanted you share with you how I prayed for you this morning, and the common way I pray for myself and anyone facing physical attacks. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, I picture it that way in my mind, your physical body actually housing the Spirit of God — because it is the truth!! How can any evil thing, such as cancer, even think that it can take up residence in the home of the Spirit of God?!? It is illegal!! I command that evil cancer, and anything harmful to your temple, to be obliterated!! Precious Father, please cause the chemotherapy to work along with Your Presence within Lana, to completely remove and destroy every bit of cancer trying to live within Lana’s temple, while not hurting her in any way. May her body become a healed and whole temple for You to be glorified in. In Jesus Name, the Name above every other name – including cancer!

8. Diana Caravallo says:

Praise the lord…I am so happy to hear that lana…I have been praying for your healing.The lord never ever sleeps..feel the lord and the prayers at 9am….God bless you.

9. Ann says:

Hey Lana–
    So blessed to hear the news of a clear scan for you!! That is to be rejoiced in.
    Hey, I received some information this week– just wondering if you’d be interested in checking in to this, if you haven’t already… Have you looked into The Lodge, through HealthQuarters Ministries? David Frahm? Please consider checking, if you haven’t already.
    Blessed Holy Week to your whole family– each of you are in my prayers.

Prayers, love and hugs all the time!

This is my prayer for you today:

Almighty God, at this time of celebration of the risen Christ, thank you for another wonderful act of yours to celebrate, the fact that Lana’s brain is cancer free. God, in your never ending mercy, please bless Lana as she goes through her chemotherapy, and please heal this wonderful and grateful woman who has ultimate Faith in You, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit–The Holy Trinity–from all cancer in her body. Thank you God, for everything you are doing for her, especially helping her to hold on to You, as the only One who can truly heal her through modern medicine.
    Amen.

12. Dwan says:

Lana, I love that prayer too. Restore my soul. My prayers are with you that the LORD heal you and strengthen you during this time. I just read Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

With His Love Always,
    Dwan

13. Juanita says:

Prayers still coming your way. God’s blessing be on you as you go through the treatments. May they help to put your cancer into remission.

14. Dan says:

This result brought a lot of encouragement for us, we praise God so very much for all that he has done and how he has protected you.WOW

15. Dasheni Emmanuel says: