This is the day that the Lord has made

on April 6, 2012

Dear Friends, I wanted to let you all know my first chemo treatment went well. The medicine made me tired, but other than that I’m feeling very good. Thank you all again and again for praying. I’m also remembering Psalm 118 that Jesus referred to on the night of His last supper. Part of the Psalm says (in verse 24), “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” If Jesus could rejoice in what He went through today, certainly I can too. I am incredibly blessed to have Him as My Savior and to have you all as my friends. Happy Good Friday.  Love, Lana

10 responses to “This is the day that the Lord has made

That’s wonderful news, Lana!

God, in your mercy, please continue to keep Lana from getting side effects from her Chemotherapy treatments. Above all, please with you healing powers, make this chemotherapy be the cure of the cancer for Lana. Praise to you, again, God, that there is no cancer in Lana’s brain.
    Amen.

2. carlo says:

Lana–You remind me of Zelie Martin–St. Therese’s mother. She was the inspiration for all her children–from Therese,Marie,Pauline, Leonie, and Celine. I’m sure all your children are inspired by your action.

Thank God we have people who say–“why not me”– instead of “why me”.

I send all your emails to my kids and they are praying for you too.

Love Carlo

Thank you for the message – and very glad to hear that the first treatment went well.
    Keep the faith – I will hold you in my prayers.

4. Michael Masembe says:

In a time like this, many brothers and sister who face the same situation do sit and wait and forget that we are called servants of the mighty Lord!!!
    Thank you so much for practicing your faith in the strength you are having now.
    May God bless you,
    Pastor Michael
    Uganda

5. Dan says:

Dear Lana, We praise God for the guidance He has given you. We pray for strength for your body and renewed health. God brought this Psalms to my mind as I thought about you- The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Ps 121:5-8.
    We praise the Lord with you.

dear lana,
    i am preying for u and ur family since u have to go these

7. sister Lana.you are a woman of faith.your courage has encouraraged me.iam praying for you.though iam living in nigeria but your ministry by mail has been a blessing to me.i pray that you will live and continue to be a blessing.i like to associate with genuine couple like you.when is your husband coming to Nigeria?pastor Ezekiel Lagos Nigeria

8. Natalie says:

Lana…God’s grace is amazing…yay! Read
    John 5, then meditate on v 19-20..

9. Joe Rohde says:

Have been praying for you and Eric….

10. Connie Shepherd says:

Dear Lana, I have been following your blog and wanted to tell you that you are a beautiful testimony of the Grace of God in the midst of one of the greatest challenges we mortals face….CANCER. The mere mention of the word brings fear and trepidation to the heart unless the heart knows the Lord Jesus and his love that has allowed this affliction to work in us a deeper relationship with himself, thus causing a transformation to his likeness. Romans 8:28 “And we KNOW that ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
    This is accomplished when we thank, bless and praise his name for the affliction—becauses that releaswes him to work the change in our hearts. II Corinthians 4:17 “For our light affliction (light, in comparison to what he suffered for us) which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”
    I, too, have been diagnosed with the disease and am finding that transforming power working in my life. Mainly restoring that first love that has diminished since I first accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior some 60 years ago. I love him so much and want to have his unconditional love for others worked in me, Praying that God will continue to bless you in this new “adventure”.
    Pray for me, too. Love, Connie Shepherd csshepherd70@yahoo.com