Look to the Lord and His strength

on April 14, 2012

“Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.” Psalm 105:4

Shortly after I was first diagnosed with cancer I told Eric I was going to write a book about my experience and call it “Cancer Doesn’t Scare Me, But Chemo Does.” It was going to be the story of how God had healed me of cancer and how thankful I was that I didn’t need to have chemo. But I just had my second chemo treatment yesterday and so I will either have to change the title of my book or the storyline. 🙂 The verse in Psalm 105:4 that I quoted above really summarizes how I’ve had to live each moment of the last few months. Although chemo was not my first choice in how I wanted to be healed of the cancer in my body, I do believe after seeking God that this is the path that He has for my healing. I also want you to know that so far the chemo treatments have not been as bad as I imagined they would be. I have had very few side effects and for that I am very thankful.

Thank you all so very much for praying for me. I know your prayers continue to make a difference in my healing and even in the effects of the treatments I am receiving. I continually thank God for faithful friends like you all who lift me up and encourage me each week.

I do have two prayer requests for this week. The port I had put in about a week and a half ago is not working properly. I will have to go in for a dye test this week to see what might be wrong. Please pray that it is something that can be fixed easily. I also have my second bone treatment this week. The last time the medicine made me sick for a day or two so we are trying a different medication this time. Please pray it works and I don’t feel like I’m growing new bones. 😉

Thank you again for being faithful in praying for me and my family. I’m praying that the Lord is your strength for whatever you’re going through, too.

15 responses to “Look to the Lord and His strength

i am still praying for you and ur family

2. Monica Osborne says:

Thank you for sharing your journey . Your Faith is so big !

Father in Heaven, thank you for Lana and her beautiful heart. I ask that you pour out your blessings upon her as she walks through this seaon of her life. Please bring comfort to her physical body and peace to her spirit.Let her feel your great presence in her life every day, Lord. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN !

3. Lana, thank you for helping me focus my prayers. I am mindful of the truth of your “test”imony and the fullness of his glory in you. Thank you for sharing this walk with all of us.

You are such an inspiration to me! Continued prayers, hugs and love to you and your family.

5. Elaine Goerne says:

Praying for you, Lana! We never know what God has in store for us…even changing the title of our lives…but it is all for His glory. May you be strengthened by the trials you are going through and may God continue to heal your body….I believe He will and is right now.

You are such an encourager and I look forward to your uplifting posts, even when you don’t feel like it. Your honesty and honor to Jesus is what this world needs more of:) Thank you for sharing!

Elaine
    a cancer survivor – only by the grace and hand of our LORD and Savior:)

Lena I continue to pray for you and I will like you to know that God is using you to show the rest of us how a Christian should go through a very trying time. You are such a great inspiration. May the Lord our God perfect all that concerns you, and keep your heart and mind in His perfect peace that knows no fear.
    Love & God bless.
    Taiwo.
    Maryland (MD)

• Judith M. Byrne says:

Dear Lana…

As you requested, I will add to my prayers for you that the port will be able to be fixed easily, according to what the dye test shows, and, also that bone treatment shows to be good news, and the new medicine for it doesn’t make you sick.

I will pray that you continue your positive outlook, strong will, and even sense of humor, at this trying time.

You are very brave, strong, and have a wonderful outlook on this, and your Faith in God is just wonderful!

7. Janet says:

amen to what Judith M. Byrne shared

May you always know God’s peace and may God direct the Dr.’s and nurses as they care for you in every thing they do and say.

My Mum was diagnosed with cancer in 2011, her life was transformed she went from being a worrier to a warrior for God as she shared with everyone she meet His love and the truth of what He did for each one of us through His Son our Lord and Saviour Jesus. His name was always on her lips even when she was resting, staff would go and spend time in her room because they said there was such a peace there. We know it is a peace only God can give. What a blessing He has bestowed on us who seek Him. I pray all will find that peace as they need it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lana. May all the issues surrounding your treatment be resolved satisfactorily and you come through it with flying colours. Thank you also for thinking of the issues facing those who are in support of your healing.
    With warmest regards,

9. Juanita says:

You are in my thoughts and prays Lana. Praying they can fix the port and that your chemo does not make you feel sick and that the medicine doesn’t make you feel that you are growing new bones. May the Lord wrap His arms around you and speed the healing powers for the cancer you have. I also pray that you get good news about your bone treatment. You are such a brave woman and you have so much Faith. God’s blessing on you for a complete healing.

10. John Birsner says:

We are praying over you and asking God to heal your body… We love you.

God bless you Lana and the family.

12. Andrew says:

I will pray for you

13. Julie Cargo says:

Lana I do pray for you daily. Telling your story lets me know that even in our weakness He makes us strong and want to help others with their struggles. As you share your journey I hear the questions you go to God with and it reminds me of Jesus in Gethsemane, Luke 22: 42 when he cried ” “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

14. Michelle Knapton says:

I am praying for you often. I know some of the fight you are in…fighting for your life. There are valleys we all go through and it is not fun. I know our lives are hidden with Christ.
    You are a strong woman and a dear sister.
    Jesus, please heal my sister Lana. I bring her to you before your throne of grace and mercy and healing. I place her In your care. Will you heal her ? I know you can. When you walked on this earth you healed those who were brought to you . Well , I am bringing Lana to you right now. I see in my spirit how much you care for her. Everyone who reads this please agree with me
    Now. Amen