Relying on God….with thanks to you all!

on April 24, 2012

I am praising God again for your prayers and His answers. My port is working! When I went in to have it tested it just starting working correctly. No other explanation from the doctor but obviously you all were praying and now it is working! So praise God for answering that prayer! I also had my second bone treatment on Friday and even though I did have a fever afterwards I didn’t have the accompanying bone pain and so I’m very thankful. Overall, I continue to feel pretty good with tiredness being my only other side effect. But that only seems to last a few days anyway.

As I was reading my Bible this week this verse stood out to me:

“We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many” (2 Corinthians 8-11).

I know my troubles are not even close to comparing to Paul’s but I can certainly understand how he valued and appreciated the prayers of the saints lifting up his situation before God and how he had to rely fully on God. It also reminded me of all of you praying for me and encouraging me. And I am so thankful for each of you.

My schedule is to have chemo every week for three weeks and then a week off with no treatment. So this is my week off! Yea! It also happens to be the weekend of my 23rd wedding anniversary. A dear friend gave us a gift and asked us to to do something special with it, so my wonderful husband has planned a weekend in New York with tickets to see “The Lion King” on Broadway. I am so thankful for this friend’s gift, and also for a great husband who helps me as I go through all of this. He continually encourages me and has gone with me to each appointment, helping me to make the best decisions. He makes my life fun and it’s always a joy to be with him. Besides being a great husband he also continues to be an awesome dad, taking on some added responsibilities these past few months. So I am really thankful for this weekend to celebrate 23 years together!

And I’m thankful for friends like you all, who continually show us your care and concern, from praying and bringing meals, to sending cards and gifts that help us in so many practical ways. You really have helped to lift our burdens throughout this whole experience.

23 responses to “Relying on God….with thanks to you all!

1. ky says:

I got to go to the Lion King last fall. my first trip to the city. it was SO MUCH FUN!! you will have such a fabulous time!!! so glad for the good report. hang in there!!

2. Renee Carter says:

Congratulations on the 23rd anniversary!!! I have been wondering if I should make you a wedding cake, which I know is one of your favorite things, but I might just make you wait until your 25th and decorate it with shining silver. Prayin’ hard for you all and thinking of you every day! Love from all of us Carters!!

3. Sheri says:

Prayers coninue for you and will not stop until the complete healing and victory is fulfilled in the natural. We know the battle is already won thru Jesus, so now we anxiously await the natural signs of the inward healing.
    God’s richest blessings to you and your family.
    Sheri

4. Sarah Roberts says:

Lana, you have taught me to enjoy every minute that I have. I no longer “look forward to weekends” or special times, I enjoy every precious moment that God has for me. Last Friday, my six year old granddaughter asked me to play hopscotch with her. I was going to say that I had to prepare dinner, but instead, dinner waited, while I played hopscotch. I live in British Columbia, Canada and numerous friends of mine at our Church are following and praying for you. Please continue to keep us updated….
    God bless,
    Sarah

Dearest Lana,

Again, you words are truly a wonderful inspiration. Twenty-three years of marriage–is not common these days, unless Christ is in your marriage, as his is in yours! The Lion King is a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary. Your marriage is so special, with the support and help your get from your husband! Only 2 years until you have a big celebration for your big 25th!
    By then, my belief is that you will be doing very well by then!

God is so good to us. He just worked a miracle in my life. My Liver Enzymes were 386, when they are supposed to be under 40! My doctor took me off a medication he was suspicious of, and after only 5 weeks they dropped to 92. I am sure they will be normal next time. My late husband had a saying: “Trust in God…and Why worry anyway? Will your worrying change the outcome? Only God can!”

I am glad you have the week off from your Chemo! Relax and enjoy it.

My prayers continue to go out to you and your family.

May God’s Peace be with you always.

Judi Byrne

6. Carrie Brown says:

So happy that the port is working. I believe fully that God is hearing the prayers of the people who know and love you so much. Enjoy your trip and congrats on 23 years. I have never met Eric, but there is no doubt he is a gem. I pray and think of you so often Be strong and on the days where it is hard to do so, know there are lots of people carrying the burden with you.

Love, Carrie Landgraf

7. Bob Stearns says:

I joy as I see the expectation you have for what God is going to do, “for you.” I join in praising the God who cares for each of his children. I know God has much in store for you and your husband Eric and the rest of the family. Angela and Russ, Brent and Michelle, Velda and Bob send their very best to you.

How exciting to travel to New York and see The Lion King. Enjoy! Continuing in prayers here. Love from all the Abbotts

Congratulations to both of you on your 23rd wedding anniversary. Enjoy your time together as you celebrate, and may The Lord our God grant us the desires of our hearts for you. I will continue to pray for grace and total healing for you.
    God bless.
    Taiwo.

10. Richard says:

Thank you for sharing that message Lana! Your words of compassion and wisdom continue to encourage me and my circle of influence that I share them with. With every update I am praising God for raising up such a mighty warrior as your self! Happy Anniversary and may you and your husband have a wonderfully blessed time in the Big Apple!

11. Katie Cartwright says:

Our prayers are with you Lana. I shared your circumstances with a student of mine, Natalie Williams. You have been on her heart and she asks about you. We don’t know you personally but we love you with the love of the Lord. Always remember, Rejoice! The Lord is near! Yes..The Lord is near! He goes before you, with you, and behind you. He is already there right now. Have fun in New York with your husband.

Be good to yourself, dear Lana.

13. Leslie Yendro says:

Lana- Happy Anniversary! I pray you will be celebrating many more in the years ahead.

lana,
    just wanted to say u and ur family are still in my prayers

15. oceanjig says:

congratulations on your 23rd anniversary and have a wonderful time at New York! Remember, our God is awesome….. He made the blind to see, the deaf to hear, the dead to rise and all sickness cleared!!

16. Juanita says:

Congrats on your 23 rd anniversary. Have a wonderful time in New York.

17. sanvan says:

That’s excellent news, now go ahead and enjoy that second honeymoon 🙂 and don’t forget that wonderful quote “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be”
    Constantly in my prayers.
    Sandra
    used to be South Wales now BC

18. Lana, I praise God for his healing that he has already put in place in response to your faith and his grace and I ask for the manifestion of that to be in this day. Give us eyes to see, oh Lord, that we have courage for tomorrow. I love your heart,

19. joshwiley824 says:

I know you will have a wonderful time in New York. Still sending prayers for you, Eric and family.

Hey Lana. I’m always looking for your news and insights. My heart is with you ya know. Stay the course!

I look forward to feedback on the trip to New York and The Lion King.
    You are such a positive example to the world – no wonder all your friends and acquaintances rally around you in your hour of need. Take care – and I believe – with my whole heart – that all the doctors and nurses who look after you are personal appointees of our Saviour who have been given the knowledge and dedication to work towards your permanent recovery.
    Ten days ago I had to have an MRI-scan due to ongoing pain and sudden, significant weight loss. Like you, I prayed to God for His strength in my life and His wisdom and guidance on my future. I have been blessed with faith which even surprises me – but I know that this faith is available to all who bring themselves before the Lord in prayer. May your Faith be strong and pray, as did the father of the boy who was beset by evil spirits, that the Lord will reach out to help you “overcome your unbelief”.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

22. Karen Neal says:

Lana
    I am so excited that you & Eric can have a special time away together….blessings to the friend who was so generous, making it possible for the 2 of you to get away.
    Praying for continued strength both spiritually & physically for you.
    Love
    Karen

23. Fliss says:

Hi both of you. Praying for you Lana of course we have not met but this Burma loving teacher who wears purple and green is praying for you all . May his strength comfort and love surround you each day may you know His grace every blessing love Fliss