Jello Legs

on May 20, 2012

Several times this week, as I thought about updating you about my condition, I’ve thought of the cartoon version of “101 Dalmatians.”  There’s a scene when all the puppies are fleeing the evil Cruella Deville. It’s cold and windy and the dogs have to walk a long distance. One of the little puppies says to his mother, “I’m tired and I’m hungry and my tail’s froze…and my nose is froze and my ears are froze.  And my toes are froze.”

Well, today I can empathize with that puppy, not that I have the same symptoms…..I just have a lot of things I could list that I need prayer for. Such as….my heart is beating a lot faster, I have tingling in my legs sometimes that makes them feel like jello when I walk, I’ve been really tired all week, I’ve lost my appetite, I’ve woken up with a headache almost everyday…. whine, whine, whine,…..now maybe you can see why I remind myself of that little puppy!

My doctor ended up postponing my chemo on Friday because of some of my symptoms, mainly the tingling in my legs (it’s kind of like when you hit your funny bone in your elbow, only it happens in my legs). My doctor wants to take some further MRI images to see if there is something pressing on a nerve, or if not, then maybe the chemo agent I am using is causing some of these symptoms.

Although it may sound like I’m complaining, I’m still doing really well, and I’m really thankful for a lot of things. I’m thankful for you praying, and that no one else in our family got the flu that Eric and I had. Wow!  That is truly miraculous!  I’m thankful that Lucas made it home from Australia and to have all my kids home for awhile.  Here’s a picture from Mother’s Day.

Elder Family, Mother's Day 2012
Thanks again for your prayers.  I’d appreciate your prayers for my upcoming MRI and the above-mentioned symptoms to go away. I do believe God will answer these prayers.  As Jesus said, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer” (Matthew 21:22).

Even in 101 Dalmatians, the puppies found that help was just around the corner, with a warm barn, plenty to eat, and even some warm milk.  I believe the answers to our prayers are just around the corner, too!

25 responses to “Jello Legs

1. Judy Loh says:

Hello Elders. The Lord has blessed you with such a beautiful family. The work that you do touches lives and hearts of people like me in Singapore.

I also currently have a few friends who are battling cancer; and had the wonderful privilege of leading one of them who was an idol worshipper, to Christ. Her growth has been such an encouragement to me. In a matter of 6 weeks, she is already wanting to know more about how I know a verse in the Bible is God’s personal promise to me; and how I can be telling her that the Lord feeds me at the time when He knows I am falling.

The Lord will honor your work and labor of love for Him.

Jeremiah 29:11
    “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.”

Hello Lana,

It is always great hearing your experiences and how incredibly you are dealing with them.

I admire your courage and Faith in the Lord, and I am so happy, you can always pray for the good things in your life, like your wonderful Husband and Family (and, now, your son being home), the things that AREN’T ailing you, and God being on your side!

I continue to pray for your strength to continue to be so strong and for the miracles that are arising in this difficult time to continue for you. By the way, your letters never ever sound like they come from someone with cancer–and you don’t, “whine, whine, whine!” It’s your right as a human to complain a little! 😀

My love and prayers continue to go out to you and your Family!

Judi B.

3. Jayne says:

We are with you.

It sounds absolutely awful Lana. I wish there were some way for me to bear it for you. The good news is that you are completely surrounded in love. Not a stone left unturned on that one. I hope to see you in June. Much love. Rose

5. Janie Roeschley says:

Thanks for sharing the picture, Lana. Absolutely beautiful, all of you! I see the reflection of God in all of your faces.

Just wanted to tell you that you look gorgeous and I love the hat!!!! You blend right in with your daughters! 🙂 Continue to lift you all up in prayer. Love to you all!

7. Sue Reber says:

I just learned of your battle with cancer. Please know that Mark and I are keeping you, Eric & your family in prayer as you walk through this in the Lord’s strength. “See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.” Isaiah 49:16

love,
    Sue & Mark Reber
    Flint, Mi

8. Mary Lynn Melton says:

My prayers are with you as you journey through this.It is evident your strength and faith is strong.Your wonderful,loving family is one of the best doses of medicine you can receive.My sister is going through this as well.I look back at your life as revealed on the Ranch, I see many blessings God has bestowed to you,I believe there are many more blessings to come.

9. Shirley Paul says:

Lana, so lovely to see the pic of your beautiful family. I am lifting you up in prayer every day, from Southampton in the UK. Great is His faithfulness. Lamenations 3:21-25.
    Love to you all.
    Shirley

10. Dwan Avent says:

Praying in agreement with you, Lana and everyone in your prayer circle for your symptoms to disappear and even more for your healing in Jesus name! Amen (so be it)! God Bless you all.

11. Dan says:

Good illustration:-) and so good to see your entire family together. We continue to pray with you for complete healing and for the requests. May God’s grace be sufficient for you and His power be made perfect in weakness.

12. Carole Justice says:

You have a beautiful family and I am continuously praying for your recovery! God bless you!

13. Jerona says:

It’s so good to hear that your faith remains strong!!! Will surely continue to pray for both you and your family, God is indeed willing and able! You have a beautiful family, God has blessed you well…..Remember that you’ve got prayers going up for you from The Bahamas, much love to you!

14. Linda says:

You have a lovely family. I am praying with you.

What a beautiful family! Lena I will continue to pray and may God strengthen you and may He continue to fill you with His love and cover you with His grace in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16. connie A says:

I pray for you and your beautiful family. I place you in the arms of Jesus and ask His mother to cover you with her cloak . I ask our Father to send His Spirit to fill you with peace, comfort, and healing. I see you healthy and able to go about doing all you love and want to do when this illness is gone.
    With God’s love
    Connie

17. Caroline Thompson says:

Oh Lana, you look so very beautiful in the Mother’s day photo. Your family is darling. I have been wanting to send you a card in the mail, but need to get your address. Noah and I just prayed for your requests, and we believe we have received what we asked for on your behalf. You are such an inspiration to me. I love you. Caroline

18. Juanita says:

The photo of you and your family is so nice. You are in my prayers and so is your family. God is so good. He will see you through this and answer our prayers for you.

u are in my prayers so is ur family

20. Cheryl Alleman says:

What a wonderful picture of your family. And what a gift for Mother’s Day; to have your whole family together. Just want you to know that even though you may not know it, I am thinking of you and praying for you. You are such a symbol of joy, courage and strength and a wonderul testament for our Lord. God Bless. Love to you and your family. Cheryl

21. Jacilia Chua says:

Hi Elders, I only got to read this couple of days ago. I am a keen reader of Eric’s teaching and since end Dec 2011 everything stopped. I was fighting Leukemia and now hoping to find a bone marrow donor. I fully understand the pain and struggles. At the same time we also know God is in full control and He is our all knowing God. Walking in His will is never an easy task so we must stay on course. My pastor teaches that The Will of God is TOTALLY SOVEREIGN, GLORIOUSLY REDEMPTIVE, SOMETIMES PUZZLING but ALWAYS PERFECT.

A friend once wrote : I might not be able to add more years to my life but I could add more life to my years. And I think you are a good example. I am also encouraged by Eric’s Living Like You Are Going to Live and am learning that attitude from you guys. Keeping looking up. God is only a prayer away.

Praying for you and your family. …. Isaiah 43:1-5

Jacilia Chua
    Singapore

• Stewart says:

My mom and I have been reading This Day’s Thought for quite some time, we especially love the Sunday sermon!
      We are also following your story, you are in our prayers! We talk about you all the time.
      I don’t know if you and your family/church believe in Prophecy or not. We do. My mom gets Prophecy sometimes. Anyways I have one I would like to share with you. To help encourage you.

——————————————————————————–
      From “The Daily Prophecy”
      by Brenda Kunneman

Disease Has No Power!

“Remember that disease has no power over you. Whatever pestilence they may say is spreading like fire, it shall not harm or injure those that remain in the power of My Spirit which lives powerfully inside of you!”

Prophetic Scripture:

Psalm 91:3 – Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Recently, I saw a magazine article about the outbreak of diseases and epidemics of global proportions. Many scientists feel that a widespread disease of things that we have heard about, such as bird-flu and similar deadly viruses could easily break out worldwide. As I read the article, I immediately thought of the Scripture in Psalm 91:3. It says, the Lord will deliver those who stay close under His protective hand. He will deliver us from the noisome pestilence. Why did it use the term noisome? That word noisome means deadly. That means the diseases that medicine cannot heal and that kill masses of people. Yet, God already has a remedy for His people to escape deadly disease, even if that disease is in your own hometown. God has you covered! Covered with what? Psalm 91:1, says you are covered with His wings. Stay close to God, and trust Him. That may mean you have to be careful how much you listen to what the news channel or the scientists report. We need to listen in this day to what God has to say above all else. Also notice that the verse above says, surely. In other words, you don’t have to wonder if it will hold true for you. It WILL hold true if you stay close to God and listen to Him instead of all that the world has to say. If you listen to the world’s reports long enough then that is what you will believe and expect eventually. Today, no matter what deadly diseases may plague this planet, rest assured that surely he shall deliver thee!

Prayer:

Lord, I thank You that I am safe under Your protective hand. I choose today to stay close to You and make Your words the most important report in my life. I expect to be completely delivered from all communicable diseases, deadly viruses and infections. None of these things shall touch me or my family, in the Name of Jesus. Surely You shall deliver me today and everyday! Thank You Lord! Amen.

————————————————————————–
      God Bless you!
      Love Stew and Nonie (his mom)
      Vancouver area, BC

22. Stewart says:

Here’s a good scripture you might have read yet.
    Isaiah 50:4-9
    God bless!
    S✞ew

23. Michelle Knapton says:

Love the picture! Thanks for sharing joy in the middle of your struggle . Praying for you.
    Love,

Michelle k.

24. Elvira Brooks says:

Stay positive Lana. As a Man Thinketh So Is He. Proverbs 32:7 Praying for you. BTW, you look lovely and so does your family.