Night of Praise and Feasting!

on May 28, 2012

You all are THE BEST prayer team ever!! The results of my MRI’s came back showing there’s no impingement on my nerves and no fractures of my bones. YEA!! That means there is nothing pressing on the nerves to cause the pain in my legs. Unfortunately, I still have the pain, though.  I went ahead with chemo on Friday, but the pain has just gotten worse since the chemo. Thankfully, God has provided some relief in the form of Ibuprofen. But I don’t want to just mask over the pain, so if you could pray for the pain to go away or the wisdom to know what to do differently.

Ever since we had our day of prayer and fasting for my healing, we’ve wanted to have a night of praise and feasting to celebrate God’s goodness even in the midst of it. My son Lucas is home from Hillsong College, and he and one of our former worship leaders (Gary Marini, who lead worship with Lucas for our trip to Israel a few years ago) are going to lead us in a night of worship here at our house this Friday night, June 1st. I’d love for you to come join us! We’ll start the feasting about 6 pm and the worship about 7. Bring a lawn chair, or a blanket to sit on, and a dish to pass for our feast (if you want to) and  we’ll have a nice night under the stars. Just send me a note at lana@theranch.org if you’d like more details or directions. I’d love to have you…really!

I know I keep saying it, but thanks again for all your prayers and acts of kindness. I was really blown away this week by a package of cards that came in the mail from a church we attended about 20 years ago. I honestly cried just seeing what was in the package…lots of cards and and gifts from people in the church. I actually couldn’t even open any cards at first because I was so overwhelmed. When I did open them, I saw that some were from people I knew well, and others from people I’ve never met before. It immediately made me think of how the body of Christ works, and how some people are especially gifted at being able to help others in their time of need.

“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others…” (1 Corinthians 2:27).

To all of you who have prayed, and sent cards and gifts, and brought meals, and watched the kids and prayed, prayed, prayed…thanks! It means so much. Hope to see you this weekend if you can make it!

11 responses to “Night of Praise and Feasting!

1. Leslie Yendro says:

Lana – so happy to hear your promising news! The picture if your family on Mother’s Day has stayed with me and I think of it every day when I pray for you and the others on my list who need God’s healing grace. Wish I could join you on June 1, but will have you in my thoughts.

We thank God for the light of His healing that is shining down on you. May God complete that which He has started in you. Amen. By His stripes you are healed.

3. Dasheni Emmanuel says:

wow!!!! he is the Alpha and Omega.
    you are a blessed women, and i know your healing will come, in which ever form God has allowed.

wish i could really sit on your lawn and worship our father together with you all.
    But will do so from South Africa.

with much love

dear Lana,
    Thank you so much for the update – lovely to hear from you but só very sorry that you are in pain. Rest assured that you are in my prayers. Upon receiving this mail, I said a prayer for you immediately, and will continue to do so.
    Thank you for the kind invitation to your Night of Praise and Feasting. I wish it were possible for me to be there – but the distances determine otherwise.
    I hope it is a glorious event where the Good of God will be overflowing.
    Trust in Him Lana – I praise His name for over the past two months His goodness to me – in serious illness, has been incredible.
    My thoughts are with you.

5. Anita says:

Dear Lana, just to share with you what Bishop T.D. Jakes once said that has stayed with me. He said, “When the devil sticks out his leg s to make you trip then God uses that very same leg as your stepping stone to your next level. My prayer for you is that through it all as you’ve learnt to trust Jesus, He will use this challenge as building blocks to your next level in Jesus Name, Amen.

Anita, Ghana

Would have loved to be at your Night of Praise and Feasting. But the distance was to far. I am sorry you are in pain. I said a prayer for you after reading your post. May God be with you and heal you from this terrible cancer.

7. Sandra Organ Solis says:

I will be there in spirit, as I go to see the ballet here in Houston, on that night. The next day we will move into our new rental home! woohoo! (today’s form of alleluia! ) Praise God! I will be praying HE alleviates the pain in the legs…just one thought—yoga? breathing and stretching?
    Just a thought. May HE continue to do HIS work, in and through you, my friend.

8. Jerona says:

Good news you’ve shared!!! We bind that pain in the name of Jesus Christ our Saviour, we send it back to hell from whence it came. We command satan to sit small like the insignificant creep that he is and we declare that our God shall arise and shine in the midst of your life. satan is defeated and our God is exalted in Jesus’ name! AMEN. . i love you and you be blessed today and always. Much love to your family, the thought for today(tuesday’s) was soooo much what i needed. thanks for your ministry!

9. Jerona says:

me again, sorry i can’t make it to your night of praise, would have loved to but the Bahamas i kinda far. I’ll worship from this way though. night!

10. sandra cadman says:

Bless you Bless you. You make me cry each time I read how you are so grateful to and for others. Sandra from a small Alberta /Canada town

i am still praying for u and ur family