Doing A New Thing

on June 7, 2012

We had a wonderful time last Friday at the Night of Praise and Feasting thanking God for all He has done in our lives. We had spectacular food and some extended time of worship. It really was wonderful. And since my appetite is back it made it even more enjoyable. 😉 A big thanks to Gary and Lucas for leading us in worshipping and to Laura for adding her talented violin playing to the mix. Thank you to all who came and to those who worshipped with us in spirit from wherever you were. I know God’s name was lifted up.

Eric mentioned that night that we have to remember to not let our past (bad) experiences influence what we believe God can do for us in the future. This reminded me of what God said in the book of Isaiah, “Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!” (Isaiah 43:18-19) That encouraged me to continue to believe for my complete healing even though I still have a few symptoms.

I ended up not doing chemo last Friday because of the pain in my legs. The pains came back even stronger with my last treatment so I was thankful to not have to do another one. We are now looking into the next chemo agent we will use, as each one has different side effects. Please pray as we meet with the doctor on Friday for wisdom to know what to do next.

Also, my latest bizarre symptom is that I’ve lost strength in my right shoulder. I can still use my hand and arm up to my elbow but I am unable to lift anything using my shoulder. So please pray that my strength comes back.

Just after our Praise and Feasting Night, we celebrated Josiah’s 14th and Bo’s 12th birthdays with a Phineas and Ferb Party. (For those not familiar with Phineas and Ferb it is a cartoon that my kids watch and is quite funny.) We had fun and it was a great way to start our “104 days of summer vacation” as well!

We also put Lucas back on a plane Tuesday to head back to school. It was great to have him home but I know he loves what he’s learning at school so I’m glad he’s back doing what he loves.

Thank you all again for your encouragement and prayers. They continue to bless and encourage me. Love, Lana

11 responses to “Doing A New Thing

1. Stewart says:

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading your new comments and to see how you’re doing.
    So many people praying for you now, you’re like a celebrity. 🙂
    Continue to be strong in the Lord and the power of His Might. As a child of the most high we have a right to expect ‘that’ new thing and to not take no for an answer. The only way we can ever be defeated is when we allow ourselves to go down that road! So, keep on keeping on.
    Your attitude and courage is very encouraging and influential to a lot of people I’m sure! Sure is to me.
    May God richly bless you and all your loved-ones.
    Stewart M.

2. Sandra says:

Will be thinking and praying for you on Friday Lana and as us Brits say “Keep calm and carry on”. Much love and many hugs.
    Sandra

3. Linda says:

It’s so good to read that you are in good spirits. This will help in the healing process. I pray for you. You are an inspiration to me. You have a large network of believers on your side. May God continue to strenghten you. Don’t let the shoulder set-back discourage you. Keep fighting the good fight of faith. I know that is easier said than done, and we know that God will honor our faith. Be blessed my dear.

4. Doug Hart says:

I wish we (the Harts) could have joined in on the feast and praise but had previous plans out of town. We’re continuing to pray for you in all things.

Doug

Thank you for your inspiration. Continued love, prayers and hugs coming your way.

• Judith M. Byrne says:

Dearest Lana,

I am sorry for your recent extra symptom regarding your shoulder. I have prayed for you and will continue to do so. I admire your courage. I am happy you are having good times with your family, and even though your eldest son is going after his dreams and you and Eric are very proud of him, it must be hard for the two of you not seeing him all the time.
      May God be with you every moment of every day!

Judi

6. Janet Kotecki says:

Dear Lana. Thank yöu for taking the time to keep us updated on how you are doing. We continue to think about you and your family. Hope Lucas gets back safely. I’m sure you loved having him home. Also I am still offering to do the mk fundraiser. I feel like we are missing out on a huge way that I could help you out. I would really love to do it for you. Please ask any questions about it. I am willing to give all of my profit to you. The rest of June would be a great time to do it. Take care!!!

Yes! Let’s here it for full recovery!

You are such an inspiration to all of us. May the Lord give you a complete healing from your Cancer. I am so happy that your Friday night Praise and feasting turned out so wonderful for all of you. Glad you son was able to come home for this, I know it meant a lot to you and him. And praying your shoulder get better real soon too. Continuing to pray for you and your family!

dear Lana,
    Thank you so much for your feedback on the Night of Praise and Feasting. I am so happy for you that it was such a positive event.
    My thoughts are with you for the problems with your shoulder and may the change in chemo therapy be completely in your favour with ultra-positive results.
    You remain in my prayers.

i hope u get better and a u and ur family are in my prayers