Quick Update

on June 9, 2012

Just a quick update. I ended up not having my chemo yesterday because of the lack of strength in my shoulder. The doctor wants to do some further testing to see if the problem in my shoulder was caused by my chemo, the cancer, or something else. So I’ll be doing some further testing next week. I feel this was an answer to our prayers as I’d like to find out what’s going on too, and I was glad to not start a new chemo agent with new side effects!

I know God hears all of our prayers. As it says in Psalm 66:19, “…but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer.”

Thanks for your continued prayers!

9 responses to “Quick Update

Hope they find the problem with your shoulder. And that they can do something to help it. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this time with your cancer. My prayer for you is that Gods blesses you a complete healing.

2. John Birsner says:

God bless you and your family. Praying for you and thanking God for your witness of strength, and courage… You are truly an inspiration Lana!

3. Elvira Brooks says:

Lana, I was praising God in church last Sunday (at Eastview, it was awesome) and for some reason just thought of you and how we can have victory. You are a strong person and a wonderful witness to all of us. He is drawing you ever so closer to HIM. Been praying for you and your family. See song below: Victory In Jesus. I sing when I feel down and it always seems to help me. Bless you!

I heard an old, old story,
    How a Savior came from glory,
    How He gave His life on Calvary
    To save a wretch like me;
    I heard about His groaning,
    Of His precious blood’s atoning,
    Then I repented of my sins
    And won the victory.

Chorus
    O victory in Jesus,
    My Savior, forever.
    He sought me and bought me
    With His redeeming blood;
    He loved me ere I knew Him
    And all my love is due Him,
    He plunged me to victory,
    Beneath the cleansing flood.

I heard about His healing,
    Of His cleansing pow’r revealing.
    How He made the lame to walk again
    And caused the blind to see;
    And then I cried, “Dear Jesus,
    Come and heal my broken spirit,”
    And somehow Jesus came and bro’t
    To me the victory.

Chorus
    O victory in Jesus,
    My Savior, forever.
    He sought me and bought me
    With His redeeming blood;
    He loved me ere I knew Him
    And all my love is due Him,
    He plunged me to victory,
    Beneath the cleansing flood.

I heard about a mansion
    He has built for me in glory.
    And I heard about the streets of gold
    Beyond the crystal sea;
    About the angels singing,
    And the old redemption story,
    And some sweet day I’ll sing up there
    The song of victory.

Chorus
    O victory in Jesus,
    My Savior, forever.
    He sought me and bought me
    With His redeeming blood;
    He loved me ere I knew Him
    And all my love is due Him,
    He plunged me to victory,
    Beneath the cleansing flood.

4. Jacilia Chua says:

Lana, you are so brave. Reading your blog gives me courage for my next chemo. Draw strength from above. Will keep you in my prayer.

5. Joan Moody says:

Dear Lana, We are praying with and for you as you share the what is next. Odd symptom being one shoulder. Thanks for letting us know. A. and T. and kids all arrived from 5 time zones. Crazy but normal for them. Everyone has been updated on you and praying for clear direction in regards to the chemo and the shoulder pain diagnosis. Your TX family

dear Lana,
    I’m looking forward to an update on the findings.
    Please rest assured that I (and many, many others) have you constantly in our prayers.

We are praying for you Lana and for you loving family. Never forget you are covered in his blood, with all that means. Amen

8. norma avila says:

Prayers for you Linda and your family! What great faith you have!! Another song comes to mind. It is “He touched me and made me whole!

9. rudaina says:

Our God is an awesome God! You are in our prayers. i read about you on facebook, and i had to send you this e-mail about a cure for cancer a friend sent it to me with the story behind this cure, this man only had a month to live until God sent one of his angels to him and told him a recipe that he should take 3 times a day… after taking it for a month he noticed he was doing better and stronger and when he went back for his check up with the doctors they did not find any sigh of the cancer.. OUR GOD IS AN AMAZING AND LOVING GOD!.. after reading his story, wanted to contact him and hear it for my self.. so i called the man up and he told me his story and he ended our phone conversation with a song of worship. please.. i want to send you a e-mail that i have all this information on how it happened and what he took to get this healing..

God bless you Lana