Nuthin’ But The Blood

on June 30, 2012

Lots of praises this week! My shoulder is better. I am able to use it again which makes me very, very happy! Praise God! I also had a CT scan done this week and it showed two of the tumors in my body had shrunk slightly! And I have some new medication to help with the pain in my legs. More praises to God! So overall, I’m improving thanks to your prayers and some medical intervention.

Here are a few things you can pray for me this week. I had blood work done yesterday and my hemoglobin came back a little low so I’m having a blood transfusion this morning.  (I’m having it now as I write). Please pray that all goes well and the new blood is just what my body needs. Also, the CT scan showed one tumor in my lungs had increased slightly. Please pray that it starts to shrink like the others. 🙂

I also want to say a big “Thank you” to those who donate blood because it is helping to save my life and the lives of many others. May the Lord bless you for your sacrifice.

As I’m laying here watching the transfusion, I just keep singing…

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

Oh! Precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

I’m very thankful for all that Jesus has done for me and for all of you who continue to pray for me and encourage me. May the Lord bless you as well.

29 responses to “Nuthin’ But The Blood

1. Dwan Avent says:

Lana, lifting you up in prayer!!! I am so glad that you are doing well. I love that song too…nothing but the Blood of Jesus!!! Halleluyah!

2. Tom Krieger says:

Lana; Helen and I continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony… (Rev. 12:11)

3. Danese says:

I am joining with you now, singing that beautiful song of praise…… Believing with you that the blood transfusing into your body now represents an even greater transfusion of the love and power of the blood of the lamb, bringing not just a shrinking of those tumors but also eliminating them.
    Continuing to pray for you and your family,
    Danese XO

Continued prayers, love and hugs. I love that song and singing along with you now!

Yeah for the blood! Yeah! For new meds! I’ll keep my minds eye on shrinking tumors and strong legs.

So glad that your shoulder is doing better. And that some of your tumors have shrunk a little and hope they continue to shrink. Hope the meds and transfusions make you feel even better and praying you have a complete healing from your Cancer.

7. Renee Carter says:

Praise God!! Our prayers are hot on the heels of those tumors and they won’t stand a chance against the power of thousands of praying believers. Feel the love, Lana! Feel the love!

Thank you very much for your very positive note Lana,
    I will continue to pray for you along the lines that you have indicated and trust that when you write again, your report will be even more glowing in the way that the Lord is combating the cancer. Stay positive and take care.
    Fond regards,

9. Bless you friend! I have prayed much for you and your family and will continue very specifically as you have written. Your heart and love for God and his transforming work in our lives is such an encouragement! With love and prayers, Hope

10. redberry5000 says:

Praise God, Hallelujah! He is worthy! I am so glad to hear about the positive changes that are happening. I am praying with you as you go through this journey. God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think. Continue to keep your head up. Love you sister in Christ.

11. Sharon Herrington says:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! I am blessed by your love for our Saviour and King!!! I love your love for Him!!! Praying, Sharon

12. Lisa Fitzgerald says:

As I read your June 30 post…I can just hear you singing Nothin’ but the blood of Jesus:))

With love,
    A PRAYER Warrior!!!

Lana, we will continue to pray.
    Love & God blessings.

14. Mary Lynn Melton says:

Believing in your total healing thru Jesus Christ .My sister has been battling breast cancer.She had surgery and now taking chemo pills. Believing you both will be healed in Jesus name.

15. Heather Jane says:

Hey Lana, just reading your last post 🙂 your amazing and I thank God for your testimony of inspiration rawness, honesty and expressions of love and thankfulness to our beloved Jesus, Lord and saviour as you go through this time of trial. Bless you keep you head up and continue to praise His holy name, Daughter of the king.

Heather Jane

16. Pam says:

Praying for you, Lana. God is so good. He has a plan for you.

17. allthewaydoc says:

I have been much blessed by reading through your blog and your fight with breast cancer! What a great and true warrior of God that you are! So often we fill our lives with such insignificant details when there is so much more important things out there to be concerning ourselves with! You and your family will be in my prayers daily! God bless you for being a shining light for Him through this trial!

18. Betty Kirkland says:

I will be praying for you and for yoer family. God bless you.

19. Joyce says:

As jesus is in heaven, so are you on this earth.

20. burrows1 says:

Hi there my sister, soooo glad to hear that you’re doing well!! the blood of Jesus is awesome and i’m glad for all of us that have accepted Him as our ultimate blood donor!!! I love you and i’m praying for you right this moment!

21. Merle CHRS says:

I will say a prayer for you, keep your faith and he will help you through your health problems.

22. Michele Service says:

Lana, remembering to pray for you and your family. Wanted to share this information: my brother told me that eating asparagus has shown marked improvement in some people. Sounds a little strange, but sometimes things like this have amazing results. I certainly pray that is the case for you, should you decide to try it. God bless.

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16

Lana, this is you, thank you for thinking of us as you fight this illness, Lord give healing to Lana today,give her strength to serve you, In Jesus Name I ask, Amen.

24. Dan/Emily says:

Hi Lana, Twas so good to see you and you family last weekend. The new blood and power of the blood of Jesus was so evident in you:-) We have been praying for Jesus’ blood to cleanse your system/body, get rid of the bad stuff, and renew it like that of the youth, so you can continue dancing like David danced. I encourage to CONTINUE REJOICING and knowing that through prayers of the saints and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to you will turn out for your deliverance (Phil 1:19)
    We continue to pray as you specifically mentioned too.
    Much love from the Okalls

25. Bonnie Hearon says:

Dear Lana: I just found out about your diagnosis & treatments from Tom & Cheryl; I am so so sorry- I wish the Lord would let me trade places with you & spare you of this fight, so you could go on with your life uninterupted as a wife, mother, Christian missionary, & all the other wonderful things you do for God & his people. But I can tell just from reading your blogs that the Lord has a new mission & challenge for you, that will further his purposes even moreso. Yes, please plan to write your book of your journey; When I went through my treatments 4 years ago, reading of other Breast Cancer Survivors’ journeys were very helpful. However, as several had suggested, the Holy Bible was the source for my greatest daily inspirations & hopes!! Lana, I’ll be glad to help you in any way I can, with my prayers & with technical information, if needed. You’ve already won the battle: I can see you’ve put on the “whole armour of God” & are flying with the “strength of an eagle’s wings”. Love & prayers that God’s Will be done. Cousin Bonnie & Bill & family.

• barbararoot says:

This was one of Stub’s favorite hymns. Joining with others for the transfusion and the
      continuing shrinkage of the tumours. Guess Lucas is back here now. Hope you had a good time at your reunion! Love and prayer from Australia. Barb

26. Dan/Emily says:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
    They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
    I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
    The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;
    it is good to wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord- Lam 3:22-26
    We rejoice in the Lord with you.

27. Alyona from Ukraine says:

Dear Lana!
    I just wanted to say that I am so much encouraged by you, your life and your struggle! You are so precious in God’s eyes and He is shining through you here, on your blog and through the updates of your husband Eric.
    May God continue to support you and give you His peace, that trespasses all understanding.
    And wanted to share my favorite Bible verse for this year – Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD appeared to me in a faraway place and said, “I love you with an everlasting love. So I will continue to show you my kindness.”

I continue to pray for you and your beautiful family, I know God loves us, more than we can understand and He also loves the ones we love, more than we know how to. Be encouraged today Lana, He is with you all the way through this, and yes you will get through this!
    Grace