Always Pray and Never Give Up

on July 22, 2012

Dear sweet friends,

God is so faithful to hear your prayers (and mine!). I am feeling much better since the blood transfusion. Thank you so much for praying. My shoulder continues to work fine and I have more energy and strength. I continue to take the oral chemo (one week on the medication and one week off) and my body seems to tolerate it much better than the first chemo. One of the side effects of this new chemo, though, is sensitive hands and feet. And this morning after my usual daily walk, my feet started getting  painful blisters on them. 😦 Please pray for quick healing so I can walk pain-free again. The good news about this is that hopefully that means the chemo is doing its work of killing the cancer cells, too.  We’ll find out more near the end of next month (after having been on this new chemo 2 months), as they will do some tests again (CT’s and bone scans) to see if this chemo is effective. Please continue to pray that this chemo is working and eliminating any tumors or trace of cancer in my body.

My sister-in-law sent me an article recently about some research on a possible cure for triple negative breast cancer. I’ll post the article here for those who are interested in reading about it. I was encouraged by the article but also at the thought that your prayers are causing a cure to be found. I do believe your prayers are helping to bring the healing that my body needs, as well as a cure for this type of cancer in the future, so thank you again for praying. I also want to encourage you to keep praying for whatever you’re needing prayer for in your life as well. Jesus encouraged His disciples with a story telling them to always pray and not give up. It’s found in Luke 18:1-8:

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’”

And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Jesus used this story to encourage His disciples to keep praying and never give up, saying that even an uncaring judge would hear and answer their plea if they persisted in asking. It’s not that we need to keep knocking on God’s door to get Him to answer, but just think what He would do for you if you continued to ask for something, since He is the best, most just, honest and caring Judge. We can trust that He will always do what’s best for us. So keep praying for whatever it is in your life you need prayer for. And if you want extra prayer, please email me. I would be glad to pray for you as well. Thank you again for your concern for me and for continuing to bring my case before THE Judge! I know He hears and will answer.

22 responses to “Always Pray and Never Give Up

Blisters!!! I will imagine your hands and feet wrapped and protected with the softest fabric. (cool on the inside though because I know it’s hot out there). I will prayer for you always.

2. allthewaydoc says:

My children pray for you every night! I’m glad to have a post to share with them. Thank you for the update. We will continue to lift you up in prayer!

3. Renee Carter says:

It is wonderful !!! to hear that you are having less pain from before and we will continue to pray for healing of all that afflicts you. It was great to see Makari when she came to visit with Caylee and Sarah on Saturday. She is a beautiful and loving young lady and I know you are proud of her. As always we are praying and spreading the word for more prayer as far as my pleas will reach. We miss you all and pray for you to have a joyous miracle healing that will amaze all who hear of it and turn their hearts to the Lord. Praise Him! Praise Him! Love in Christ to you all !!!!

4. Shirley Paul says:

So happy to hear from you, Lana. I continue to lift you up before the Throne of Grace, here in Southampton, UK. I praise God for your faith and faithfulness to Him… it encourages me. May He anoint you with healing today, dear sister.

5. Deon Bonnet says:

Please pray that The JUDGE give me a permanent work to enable me to pay all my debts as I should. He has been faithful in the past and will be now! Thank you. Deon Bonnet. Kokstad South Africa

Thank you for the update on your health. There are a few wonderful things to be grateful for in your situation and I will continue to pray that they improve even further, but also that the issues which still cause concern will be addressed through our prayers for the Lord’s blessing and healing. Yesterday in church our temporary vicar had a lovely sermon about two cases of healing that he had personally witnessed through prayer – and I am talking about serious issues! It regenerated my hope and you can be sure that my prayers for you will continue. Not least did I see the work of the Lord in healing in my own life just a few months ago. It remains a miracle to me which I “publicise” to all whom I encounter. Thank you also for emphasising the need ‘never to give up or lose faith’. I have a very dear young friend called Xisco in Mallorca who has also been struck down by a form of cancer and is receiving, like you, a full week of chemo, followed by a break of 10 days. I continue to pray for him – many, many times per day – and will continue to do so after your encouragement and scripture reference. But, with your own offer to also intercede with prayer, I would be so happy if you would include him in your own prayers. Looking forward to more better news from you soon – you remain in my thoughts and, of course, in my prayers.
    Mallorca, Spain

Thank you for keeping us updated Lana! Your posts are so encouraging. Continuing to lift you up in prayer. I saw Makari (with Caylee and Sarah) the other day and they are three amazing young women. Love and hugs from the entire Abbott Family.

8. Mary says:

My Dear Lana,
    Thank you so much for continuing to keep us posted. I think of you and pray for you daily. Your words are an encouragement and inspiration and I Thank God for you. I Love you.

9. redberry5000 says:

Grace and Peace Lana. I am excited to see the healing hand of our Lord. Praise be to God from whom all blessing flow!!! I will continue to lift you up for all your requests. I am glad you are feeling better.
    God sent that scripture Luke 18:1-8 just in time for me. My faith weakens from time to time, but I know in my heart that my prayer will be answered. I suffer from a rare condition that causes my body to emit a foul body odor. There is no medical treatment at this time. This condition is destroying familial relationships and it is about to destroy my career. Thank you for offering to pray for others. Please remember Linda J when you pray. Thanks so much.

10. Cathy says:

Thank you for your devotion post. Even in your trials, you minister and teach others. Praying and continue to pray for you, Eric, and your family. Health issues are a team effort and your team has the best Coach! Cathy & Don Roberts

11. jerona says:

You are an amazing woman!!! here you are facing such sickness and yet you encourage others…you are indeed a warrior!!!! Continue to be blessed with the healing that belongs to us all and may your days be always filled with the spirit of hope, trust, peace, strength and rejuvenation! God’s blessings and much love to you and yours. You have indeed encouraged me today, i’m praying for healing for both my husband and myself and i needed to hear that story today…..we must bear one another’s burdens and cover each other in prayer always!

12. sanvan says:

Great news Lana! Blisters now on my prayer list too. Every time I read your blog I am choked with admiration for you – you have such courage and faith and are an example for us all. Love and hugs.
    Sandra

really great news lana! u and ur family is still in my prayers

14. Martha Hughes says:

Thank you for keeping everyone updated on your treatments. I will pray that this chemo is effective in your battle with cancer.

15. Daniel Chan says:

Shalom Sis Lana,
    Our Lord Jesus had the final said on all your medical report. At the cross Our Lord Jesus shouted :
    It is finished. likewise your cancer cell is finished. Jesus bear it all. Amen

In His Grace,
    Daniel Chan

16. Ovie says:

I always pray for you. i have experienced the great healing power of God in my life, i have heard testimonies of people healed of all kind of fatal sicknesses. Our God can do all things, he is faithful. I strongly desire your complete healing and believe(without doubt) that you are healed because God promised that we shall have whatever we desire(Mark 11:24) and he said his word will never return void. I look forward to an update that will carry the message “they couldn’t find it anymore”

you have been an inspiration to me and you have been strong. Stay Strong, stay faithful…stop reading scientific things about cancer. focus on God’s word (i recommend books by Smith Wigglesworth and kenneth Hagin). i will always pray for you.

…much love.

17. Carol says:

When the children of Israelite cross the red sea in (Exo 14) a new record of new beginnings was open to them……Moses sang a new song, Miriam also sang….. The 8th month stands for a new begining, I pray the Lord God of Abraham will open a new record of a new beginning for you this month in Jesus Holy Name. You are such an inspiration to me Lana thank you.
    Carol from Skelmersdale England

18. Your faith in God is an inspiration…The Good Lord will prove His worth, you will not depart this earth on account of the situation you are going through now. You will recover, fulfill your purpose on earth, then God will take you home in peace and in good health. Love you…

19. Ester R. Andres says:

PRAISE GOD FOR BEING COURAGEOUS AND SUBMISSIVE TO THE WILL OF GOD LANA! THANK YOU FOR POSTING ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL WOMAN OF FAITH! MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU TRY ABOUT THE STEM CELL ENHANCER? (HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, WE ARE TAKING IN STEM CELL CAPSULE ). WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU. WE KNOW GOD IS DOING A COMPLETE HEALING FOR YOU !

20. Charlene lambert says:

Google “Rational Therapeutics” I have a cousin that works in the office there. Basically they get sample of the cancer and run several tests to determine which chemo or drugs etc. will kill the cancer Eliminating a trial and error process usually used Determined by “symptoms” and others experiences with similar cancer.

21. Florence, Nairobi says:

Lana, God always makes a way where there may seem to be no way. He makes streams flow in the desert, so what is cancer to Him? We are lifting you to His throne and I know He hears every single prayer we pray. Be encouraged and be strong in Him because you have a FATHER who will never ever fail you.