Great News!

on August 8, 2012

Dear friends,

I have great news to tell you this week! The latest test results show that ALL the tumors are shrinking. Praise God! I know this is a direct result of your prayers. Thank you for praying and believing with me for my healing. The CT scan showed that even the tumor in my lung shrank from 2.3 x 2.2 cm to 1.8 x 1.1 cm. I was so happy to find out it is getting smaller. On the previous scans, the tumor in my lung had been continuing to grow, even while the others were shrinking, so this is great news. The primary tumor in my breast has shrunk to just 5 mm, having started at 1.5 cm. All of this means the chemo pills that I am taking, as well as your prayers, are working to shrink the tumors. Thank you Jesus!

I will be adding this story to the many other stories I have of Jesus working in my life. It makes me think of the last line in John 21:25 that says, “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.” That is so true. Jesus has done so many incredible things in my life and in the lives of so many people since He walked on this earth. If we wrote down every story we would be reading testimony after testimony of how good He is! If Jesus has done something in your life, I want to encourage you to write it down and share it with someone. When you do, it really honors God, and it can really help others, too.

I’m feeling so much better than two months ago when I was still on the other chemo agent. Back then I couldn’t move my right arm, my heart rate was steadily increasing to the 120’s and 130’s and I was having shooting pains in my legs all throughout the day. They weren’t sure if these issues were related to the chemo or the disease. But since I’ve switched chemo agents (from Taxol to Xeloda), I can now fully move my right arm, my heart rate is now in the 80’s and 90’s, and I’m only having one or two pains in my legs each day now, if at all. The doctor thinks it must have been the chemo that was affecting my nervous system and this new chemo is less toxic to my nerves. Whatever the reason, I’m praising God for His answer to our prayers and His wisdom for us and the doctors.

While I’m feeling better, my blood work (and my frequent desire to take naps) indicates that I’m slightly anemic. I would love your prayers for my hemoglobin to increase, preferably before I have to have another blood transfusion. And although this new chemo is less toxic to my nerves it still has some side effects, like sensitive hands and feet and numbness in my fingers. But overall, I’m feeling so much better than a couple months ago and I’m planning on taking a road trip with my family to California to take my daughter to college. I wouldn’t have even considered doing this two months ago when I was on the other chemo, so I’m thankful to God for your prayers that they found a chemo that is working and still allows me to do the things that are important to me. Please pray too that we are able to make the trip and that it is safe and fun for our whole family.

Thanks again for your continued prayers and encouragement. It makes this road so much easier to travel.

25 responses to “Great News!

Praise the Lord. I am so happy for you Lana. We serve an awesome God. So thankful that He is making you feel better and that the tumors are all shrinking. Praying they will continue to shrink more and more until they are completely gone. And praying you have a safe and fun trip to California. so thrilled the Doctors found the right chemo treatments for you. God’s blessing to you and your family.

2. Stewart M. says:

Romans 8:28
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    Thanks for the positive update!
    To God be all the glory!
    Stew.

3. gary says:

What wonderful news! Praise God for all His goodness , you and your family will be in our prayers for continued healing and safe travel as you take your beautiful daughter to school. Lone you all ,carl&roxy.

4. Marsha says:

What wonderful news, Lana!!! Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for you!!

5. allthewaydoc says:

Thank you so much for the update. How are the blisters on your feet? My children have been praying nightly that they would go away! They will be so thrilled to know that the cancer is getting smaller! We serve an awesome God whos ways are perfect! Thank you Jesus for your healing hand upon Lana! Continue to work in her body and destroy each cancer cell one by one! Refresh and renew her daily as she battles on for you! We fight from the place of victory! Thank you for your victory that we may also be victorious! in Jesus Name! AMEN

6. Tom Krieger says:

We praise the Lord with Lana! Praying for complete and lasting healing.

7. Leslie Yendro says:

Praise God for hearing our prayers! I am so happy that you are doing better. I will continue to pray that you will be completely healed.

8. Carrie Landgraf Brown says:

Such great news Lana. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you. Prayers will continue and I will especially pray for your trip. I, too, have kids leaving for college and I know how important that is to a Mom and Dad.

9. Laura Price says:

PRAISE GOD! What wonderful news!

See if you can find a Watkins dealer online and ask about their female formula supplement. We gave it to our daughter when she was anemic and she didn’t need to take iron pills that irritated her system! I am continuing to pray! HUGS!

10. Nadine Wetz says:

Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers. May Lanas healing continue until her full health is completely restored. Continuing in prayer Lord that she be strengthened in the full knowledge that Your mighty hand is upon her and over her life.

11. Diane McMahon says:

That is the best news! I am so glad that the tumors have shrunk, and you are feeling better. I hope you enjoy the trip to California with the family. Happy Trails!

Diane

12. sanvan says:

I am so pleased to read your good news, positively uplifting for you and your family and for those of us who eagerly await your updates. Good luck with the road trip to California. Always in my prayers. God Bless.
    Sandra

dear Lana, simply great to hear all the excellent reporting. I am more than happy for you about the outcome to the switch in chemo agents – and with that thanks to the doctors who are standing by you under the direction of the Lord. My friend here, of whom I wrote to you earlier, asking for your prayers is doing well too. I saw him yesterday for the first time in 7 weeks, a month of which was spent in hospital. My prayers for his health, as for yours are constant. I hope the trip to California is an up-beat experience and as always you will be in my prayers for the hemoglobin increase. I look forward to more good news soon. God is good! Eddie

14. Anita, Ghana says:

God be praised! God be praised! Let the name of the Lord be praised!

15. Laurel WEbster says:

I am so thankful to God for this good news. He is so faithful to answer our prayers.!!!!!!!

16. Lynn says:

I am beginning chemo soon for breast cancer. I have three kids, a son-in-law, and a wonderful hubby! The Bible verses and updates from you and your family, help me so much. God is good.
    I am thankful to hear of your good news!
    Your sister in Christ and also a breast cancer fighter,
    Lynn

Goosebumps and tears of joy are flowing now! Praise the Lord, He is so good! Thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us. Praying your hemoglobin increases and you will not need blood.
    Love, hugs and lots of prayer,
    Jean

18. Chris Zeller says:

Wonderful news, Lana. I will continue to pray for you and especially for your trip to California and bonding time with your family. That is special.

19. jerona says:

bLESS THE LORD O MY SOUL!!!! gOD IS AWESOME, THAT’S ALL I CAN SAY!!! GOD BLESS YOU LANA AND I WILL BE PRAYING AGAINST THAT ANEMIC SPIRIT, CASTING IT DOWN IN JESUS’ NAME. I THANK GOD FOR YOUR PRAISE REPORT, IT HELPS TO BUILD MY FAITH. HAVE A SAFE AND FUN TRIP TO CALI!!!

20. Ramona Vasquez says:

I am so Happy to hear what God is doing in your life. Praise God, he is good always and faithful to his promises. I to had cancer twice, but My Father has been gracious to me and given me years AMEN!

Step by step the longest march, can be won…..I am praying for you each step of the way. If you come through Denver, stay with us.

22. Renee Carter says:

Praise Him! Praise Him! He is our amazing God! The work He is doing in you is such a great example to the world of His mighty power. How can anyone make it through one day without Him? We love You, Lord!–And we love you, Lana! Keep the faith, baby!

23. Cathy Roberts says:

Dear Lord: We praise you for who you are. We praise you for your love and your mighty works of healing. We praise you for the wisdom you give to doctors. Thank you for the progress Lana is experiencing. We ask that you continue to battle with her and also allow her & her family a great trip to CA. Remind her & her family this battle agsinst cancer is yours. David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. (1 Samuel 17:45 NIV) AMEN

24. jamie says:

i am soo happy for u

25. Marissa Cavazos says:

Praise the Lord for He is good! It is always a joy to hear God’s works in the lives of others, and response to the desires of their heart. I rejoice with you and your family even if we have never met. We all know faith starts as little as a mustard seed, but through test and patience, and our continued seeking of the Lord’s presence, this seed becomes a big tree that will outgrow a mountain of any size and tell it to move from one place to another. For faith to grow, it sometimes takes time, and definitely we might have to go through hardships, yet, hold on there, the Lord is with you. His promises are yes and amen, so continue to believe and praise His holy name, for He is great and great are his mercies for you. I declare victory over your body, for He he has paid the price in full. In His wounds you have been healed. May He continue to be glorified through you and His name exalted as we continue to see you heal. A big hug from Mexico.