Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!

on October 5, 2012

Hi, this is Eric with a quick update on Lana.  We had a great trip out west, taking Makari out to college in California, and visiting family and friends along the way.  You can see a photo album of our great adventure by clicking here.

But during the last week of our trip, Lana started battling some intense bone pain.  So since we’ve been back, she’s been going through a number of tests.  So far, it looks like the tumors in her breast, liver and lungs have stayed relatively stable, but it looks like the cancer in her bones has progressed significantly.  They’re still waiting on the results of one more test, but at this point, their plan is to start her on a stronger chemotherapy starting today (Friday, the 5th) at 8:30 a.m.

Lana’s been a trooper through all of this.  She wanted to update you herself, but she’s getting some rest now for the chemo that she might be starting later this morning.  She wanted me to tell you that she keeps thinking of the verses in Ezekiel where Ezekiel spoke to the dead bones and they came back to life.  She wanted to ask you to pray that her bones would come back to life, too!  Here’s what happened to the bones that Ezekiel spoke to:

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

Then He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.

Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

Hallelujah!  God gave this insight to Ezekiel so He could restore hope to the people.  They had been saying, “Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.”  But their hope wasn’t gone.  They could still trust in God to fulfill His promises.  Please pray that Lana’s bones will be restored,too, and that God will give us, and the doctors, the wisdom we need to know exactly what to do next.

Lana also wanted me to tell you thanks so much for carrying her through this time.  She’s been reminded frequently of the verse in Galatians 6:2 that says, “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”  She and I are both so thankful that you would help bear our burdens with us, especially at this time.

With much love,
Eric and Lana

31 responses to “Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!

1. efchristi says:

As I pray for Lana daily,m I marvel at her continued strength and vitality. She is a true example of God’s light shining brightly for all to follow. Peace be withj youi amnd the family.

Ed

2. Betty Kirkland says:

I will continue to pray. God bless you both.

3. chung says:

Dearest Lana,

Blessings all the way from Singapore. We’re keeping you close in thoughts and prayers, have prayed for your bones and health, and will continue to do so.

You’ve been a tremendous inspiration with your positive attitude, loving mindset and an incredibly contagious smile. In my own tribulations I find so much hope through your radiating smile.

Here’s a little passage that helped me along:

Pslams 103
    Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits –
    who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases
    who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion
    who satisfies yoru desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.

You’re never alone in this journey, even from over 10,000 miles away you’re kept close in prayers. And of course God is with you, forever.

You’re a true inspiration, keep smiling,
    Chris C

Thank you for the update. I have been wondering how things were going as a long time has passed since the last feedback. On a personal level, I want you to know that I pray for you every morning and evening Lana – and in tune with Eric I pray for wisdom and insight through the medical staff who administer the treatment. I look forward to some positive and cheerful feedback soon and wish you God’s blessing whilst you have to endure the pain and the chemotherapy. You are a shining example to all.

5. Carol Robb says:

I just want you to know that I am praying for you. Our Sovereign LORD is amazing and can do ANYTHING. We love you all.

6. Kobla says:

I’m so touched by the share strength and courage with which you have confronted this phase of your life. I want to suggest to you to also consider a visit to Christ Embassy, Nigeria and get hold of some of the Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s teachings on healing. I want you to know that God has always done miracles and he will continue to do them and that yours is on the way. God richly bless you.

7. Lynn says:

Hi dear Lana,
    I am also in chemo treatment. Your family photos are beautiful! The verse that I wanted to share with you is: “The LORD is good. His love won’t ever stop. He will always be with us.” Psalm 100:5

In praying for you right now as you start this new chemo. You and your family are sealed in our hearts

9. Joyce says:

Father in heaven, I lift up lana to You and I ask that You heal her body. Your word says that by Jesus’ strips we are healed. Your word never falls to the ground, We stand on Your word. Jesus Himself took on our infirmities and sicknesses. Our trust and faith is in You father. In jesus’ name. amen

10. Mary says:

Lana, I pray for you every day, even tho you don’t know who I am. Eric was in my daughters class in school.
    I love all your wonderful pictures. You have a wonderful happy family.
    Love ya, Mary Stalter

11. Craig S. Prest says:

Hi Lana and Eric (+ Wonderful Family), just a note to say it is good to hear your update and Jeri and I were just trying to figure out where things stood now in terms of how to pray for Lana. A well known and used verse, Proverbs 4:20-22, comes to mind for some reason. You guys are so precious and we will continue to pray for you. Craig & Jeri

12. allthewaydoc says:

Thank you for an update. My children and I pray for her and they always ask how she is doing. we will be praying for new bones! In the healing name of our Lord Jesus who took 39 stripes on His back so that we ARE healed!

13. gary says:

Lana and Eric, Just want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers today and everyday. Gad has a great healing plan for you. Be strong and continue to have great faith. We love you. In Christ, Gary and Sandy marini

14. Nsaba Buturo says:

Thank you for the update.  Lana Elder’s healing is a powerful testimony that is waiting to be told.  We are continuing to pray.

Dr Buturo

________________________________

Praying that Lana’s bones will be healed. My thoughts and prayers are with as she goes through the new treatments.

The Lord is faithful and He will do what only He can do. May the grace of The Lord continue to keep you. Be strong for The Lord is with you. And I will continue to lift Lena and your family up to the throng of mercy.

17. Tom Krieger says:

Helen and I agree in prayer that it will be so just as you say – bones live!

18. Ramona Vasquez says:

I will keep you in prayer! GOD IS SO GOOD AND MERCIFUL! HE DOES WONDERFUL THINGS THAT WE CAN’T IMAGE. AMEN

19. Diane McMahon says:

We are praying for you and hope that your new chemo will help. The pictures of your trip were beautiful! May your dry bones be healed.

20. p.skaff@mchsi.com says:

I keep your family picture on our refrigerator. I pray for you often and are always uplifted by the witness of your faith.

21. Carol Ann Carmichael says:

Love you Lana and miss you. Know that my heart is heavy for you. I am praying for you.

22. Juanita & Jim Elder says:

Our prayers are with you Lana. Your faith is strong enough to conquer this set back. Love & prayers, Juanita & Jim

23. abandonandabide says:

Thank you for the update and God focus!
    Continued prayer from CA!!!
    Faith, Hope and Love…

Dear Lana, I continue to pray for your healing In Jesus Name, I’m glad you enjoyed this time away with your beautiful family, it will give you strength and determination to keep on fighting, to get well and go on another trip very soon! Dear Father In Heaven, you sent your word and healed her, Amen
    Grace

25. Joni Huber says:

Eric and family, so wonderful to see your pictures and we pray for Lana and all your family that the Lord will comfort and heal her. We send our love

26. Joyce Wilks says:

Praying that God will you from head to toe inJesus’ name.

27. Mel says:

I pray for your healing every day, Lana.

28. janetkotecki@comcast.net says:

Dear Lana and Eric,

thank you for the update. I do think of you all often. Lana, your smile is contagious. I have always admired your whole family for thier love and strenght and trust in God.

Again I am letting you know that I would do whatever you might need to help.

A big way I could help is to do a MK fundraiser for you. I am willing to give you 100% of my proceeds from all sales. I can only imagine the cost of medical expenses.

Please let me know if this is something you want to accept.

Again, your family is so beautiful and we continue to pray for you!

Janet Kotecki, Sales Director

janetkotecki@comcast.net

815.252.3872

What journey will you allow your life to take you on?

29. Michelle Knapton says:

Praying for you Eric and Lana! We love you!
    Glad you had a great trip and we pray for Lana, especially her bones.

30. Your friend Dan says:

We are praying for your bones, Lana, that healing may be yours, and all of us will know that “I am the the Lord” as the passage you gave us said. Iin the midst of such difficulty, you have persevered, rejoiced, and praised God, just like Paul wrote in the book of Philippians. We praise God for your obedience. We love you all